Results 1 to 13 of 13

Sausages laced with nails DOG WALKERS BEWARE

  1. #1

    Sausages laced with nails DOG WALKERS BEWARE

    Did anyone else hear this dreadful story! Dog walkers have found sausages laced with nails in there local parks. People where annoyed that some people where not picking up dog poo so they decided to fill sausages with nails in the hope the dogs would eat them and become sick. I nearly cried when I read this.



    My dog Milo eats anything and wouldn't think twice about gulping down a free sausage in the park. I cant believe someone would want to hurt dogs like this. Don't want to scare anyone but just keep an eye out at your local park next time you go. Now its been published other people may start to do it to.

    Here's the link if anyone want to read the article. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...blic-park.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Wales, UK
    Posts
    850
    That is so disgusting how could anyone do that? My dog eats everything and anything, so like your Milo he wouldn't hesitate to gobble down a sausage in the blink of an eye.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,905
    That is appalling, and makes me very angry! I heard other stories over the years about things like poison meatballs being either left in dog parks, or thrown into people's back yard by a neighbor, because they have a barking dog. Monsters that do those things should be punished severly.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,043
    Cruel so and so's, surely they haven't got dogs of their own, as i'm sure they wouldnt want something like that to happen to their own dogs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    21
    That is horrible!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,701
    I've heard of something like this before. I've actually seen pictures of it circulating around... meat chunks with nails. Actually, what's worse is that there are actually forums who discuss about this like a sport.

    Did you know that there are forums that talk about devising ways on how to kill dogs in dog parks? They also discuss about chemicals and substances that can cause harm to our pets and take pride at what they do. It's really sick and disturbing.

    You might want to read this article about the dogs poisoned in Moscow Park. Here's another article about the dog poisoning.

  7. #7
    This is really cruel. We have quite a big problem here in South Africa with dogs being poisoned so that burglars can get access to properties.

    I have an emergency set of injections (which my vet prepared) in my fridge, for in case this happens here. The local neighborhood watch also have this in their squad cars.

    When it comes close to the expiry date, the vet discards it properly ans provides replacements.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatte View Post
    This is really cruel. We have quite a big problem here in South Africa with dogs being poisoned so that burglars can get access to properties.

    I have an emergency set of injections (which my vet prepared) in my fridge, for in case this happens here. The local neighborhood watch also have this in their squad cars.

    When it comes close to the expiry date, the vet discards it properly ans provides replacements.
    Does the set of injections contain activated charcoal? I know this is effective when it comes to reducing the onset effect of the poison. My vet injected one of my dogs with some because they thought he ate a frog.

    It's awesome to hear someone posting from South Africa. Will you be uploading pictures of your pets soon? We'd love to see them.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by haopee View Post
    Does the set of injections contain activated charcoal? I know this is effective when it comes to reducing the onset effect of the poison. My vet injected one of my dogs with some because they thought he ate a frog.

    It's awesome to hear someone posting from South Africa. Will you be uploading pictures of your pets soon? We'd love to see them.
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I am not really sure what the vet puts in the injections, I will ask him next time I am there.

    I did post my cats and dogs already, the rest is going to take a while as there is a lot of them.

  10. #10
    Some people hate animals.

  11. #11
    Wow that's a scary thought to know that your dog could get poisoned or seriously hurt like that because someone would plant meat like that.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatte View Post
    Thank you for the warm welcome. I am not really sure what the vet puts in the injections, I will ask him next time I am there.

    I did post my cats and dogs already, the rest is going to take a while as there is a lot of them.
    I did see your pictures of Lala, Silver, Biney, Cleo and Luna. They are precious. I especially like Silver... sorry for the favoritism.

    By the way, may I know where it is injected? Is it on the scruff or somewhere else? My vet gave it to our dog intravenously so I apologize for my unwarranted eagerness to know.

  13. #13
    haopee, you are welcome to ask questions.

    It is injected intra-muscularly (either bum or shoulder) and the sole purpose is to keep them alive till the vet can get to them, he then continues with the treatment. I know of 8 dogs that have been saved this way. The injection contains adrenalin, an anti-histamine and vitamin K. The vitamin K stops them form bleeding to death, as it reverses the anti-coagulant effect of the poison.

    Aside from Luna, Silver is the youngest. He is a GSD and not a Swiss Shepard. He is an odd case, both his parents are black and tan GSD's and he come out white. He is not an albino and the vet suspects that he has some of the recessive genes of the GSD's, that caused him to be white.

    PS. The vet's emergency number is on my speed dial. He really is a nice guy, that comes on house calls in case of emergencies like poisoning.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Trimming Cat's Nails?
    By Alpha1 in forum Cat Toys and Products
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2012, 07:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Mom Forum - Senior Forums - Health Forum - Low Carb Forum