3. Pomeranian
    4. Lhaso Apso
    5. Dachshund
    6. Mini Bull Terrier
    7. Pug
    8. staffordshire bull terrier
    9. Finnish Spitz
    10. ...corgi

Interesting list, but since this is highly debatable, I might as well throw my opinion into the ring.

I submit the following 10 as the coolest breeds ever, from lamest to awesomest... wait that's not a word...

11 and higher: Paris Hilton style dogs, dogs that are totally useless except for spending a ton of money on to get groomed by "professional" dog groomers. I'm against using animals for vanity.

10. Alaskan Malamute - Any dog that can survive in the arctic circle, and not only survive, but thrive, is an amazing dog in my opinion... factor in the fact that its not typically vicious like a wild wolf, and you can harness its energy to pull you literally hundreds, if not thousands of miles through the armpit of the world, and do it with a smile on their faces as long as you feed them good and treat them right. This goes for any arctic dog basically, they all tie for 10th place.

9th. (Bull)Mastiff - Some of them get so big its almost unbelievable. A small child could literally ride one. I'd hate to have to afford the feeding costs of owning one, but they are awesome dogs.

8th. Chihuahua - These can be awesome dogs, if you don't get one that pee's everywhere every time someone looks at it sideways. According to American Kennel, the Chihuahua may be part fox, which may explain the large ears.

7th. Pug - Just a memorable looking dog with a memorable name, no special talents as far as I know, except for one got a lucky break as an actor on Men in Black.

6th. Puli - Not the most popular breed, but I often wonder why we don't grow their fur out extra long and dip them in soapy water and let them walk around and clean our floors as a cheap alternative to all those mop and bucket setups that janitors use. Combine them with a few Maltese and you have your mopping/sweeping taken care of!

5th. Rottweiler - As much as I dislike these dogs just being allowed to be raised by just anyone, I do respect the breed and its abilities... if I had anything worth guarding at all, I'd definitely have a few hungry and highly trained rottweilers waiting around.

4th. Greyhound - The cheetah of the dog world... great dogs if you want to have a dog and potentially make money, that is if you feel like training it to be a race dog and gets sponsors/wagers placed on the dog and it wins races.

3rd. Dauchsund - No other dog sticks out like a wiener dog... my dog is living proof of this. I get compliments and comments almost every day... well not so much towards me, I'm a big ugly ogre, but she gets a lot of compliments and comments.

2nd. German Shepherd - Awesome dog, and some of them even speak two or three languages! They honestly scare the bejeezus out of me, and just their use throughout history has been one of basically sheer domination and control. This is the dog I want to have as my right-hand man if I ever have to go into a combat type situation. Dobermans are also right there in 2nd place for me for this purpose.

and

1st.

The Chinese Crested Chihuahua-mix... I mean what isn't to love about this dog? No one would ever steal it, and it so ugly it might even scare off other dogs! It is like Gollum from Lord of the Rings... so ugly its almost cute.

Wow the dog in the last pic is hideous. Here is my top five.
    Golden retriever
    Black Lab
    German shepherd
    Australian shepherd
    Springer spaniel

My top 10 are:

Labrador Retriever
    Golden Retriever
    Beagle
    St. Bernard
    Siberian Husky
    Samoyed
    Bernese Mountain Dog
    Fox Hound
    Newfoundland
    Norwich Terrier
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Top 10 for me are:

Newfoundland
    Bernese Mountain Dog
    Collie
    Black lab
    Golden lab
    Border collie
    pit bull
    Australian shepherd
    Siberian Husky
    Great dane

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.