Catnip spray as bonding agent

Catnip spray as bonding agent

While digging through my pet supplies closet yesterday I cam across a bottle of catnip spray. As Cleo and Luna are getting along a little better but still avoids each other a lot, I had this idea I just had to try. I sprayed Luna with the catnip spray, and watched Cleo's reaction.

What a change, Cleo started interacting with Luna without fighting. They even ended up sleeping together last night. Amazing what a little catnip can do to resolve some issues.

I will continue this for a few days, and see if the interactions changes when I stop using it. Luna does not seem to mind being sprayed and she loves the smell too.

Interesting, I never used catnip for any of my cats. Good to know it can help with aggression, thanks!

What a wonderful story! My cat loves his catnip! Its a special treat for him, but I will never serve it again without thinking of your two cats

Very cute story! I haven't had good luck with catnip but perhaps I'm not getting a good source. I've never tried the spray and wouldn't have thought of using it in this way but it seems a clever idea that worked. Your story and the other readers comments have intrigued me to try serving it and spraying it. I always thought it got them excited and never realized it was calming them down. Good to know!

Wow, I'm glad I saw this. I see so many posts from people whose cats suddenly don't get along. Now I have something else to advise them to try, besides the usual feliway plug in diffusers, vanilla trick and rescue remedy.

I tried some cat nip spray once that the cats were given as a gift. They weren't interested, but then, the don't like most commercial nip, since they grow their own. They are cat nip snobs!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.