Going Up!

Going Up!

Dogs struggling with the stairs...

Owners come up with a novel solution...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...achshunds.html

So cute and very caring owner!

A lovely story, and the dogs are beautiful.

As my dog ages, I see it is getting harder for him to even jump into the car. Until he starts crying about the pain. I will continue to help him try and build muscle. I give him vitamins also.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpoppy1 View Post
    As my dog ages, I see it is getting harder for him to even jump into the car. Until he starts crying about the pain. I will continue to help him try and build muscle. I give him vitamins also.
    My dog is getting older, and he's large for his breed, almost 70 pounds. He's slowing down, and sometimes need help getting into the car. He always needs help getting into our truck, which sits much higher. I help him by lifting his hind quarters when needed, so he doesn't hurt himself.

If my dog was crying with pain, I would definitely take him to the vet. Sometimes they need something more than vitamins if they have arthritis or hip dysplasia. My dog has a prescription for Rimadyl, but I only give it when he really needs it, he gets no more than one every two weeks usually. Excessive use of that drug will cause damage to the liver. All prescription pain killers or anti-imflammatories have bad side-effects.

Giving joint care supplements that contain MSM, Glucosamine Sulfate, Condroitin, etc. will help ease the inflammation and pain naturally.

My dog's having trouble getting into my pickup, I see those ramps people use thinking about getting one someday.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.