Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Stuff Your Dog ???

Would You Stuff Your Dog ???

Someone I know had their dog stuffed after it died and they keep it in the living room..

Personally, I don't think I would do that..

WOULD YOU DO THAT ???
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT ???

I don't think I would do that, I think I'd find it a bit creepy to be honest! I will keep his ashes and like the idea of having a ring or locket made out of some of them. I think some people have portraits or paintings done using some of the ashes mixed with the paint. But having him stuffed and sat in my living room would be a bit much for me!

I guess there's quite a few people who do that...not my cup of tea, LOL. Like Goldfinch, I think it's kind of creepy. Most I kept was a paw print.

Paw.jpg

Oh wow, that is creepy. I mean, I think I would understand if Yale did that to the bulldog, but to have them inside your home feels like living with a mummy and we wouldn't want that.

I'll go as far as burying my dog in our backyard but that's all I'm going to do. Besides, the vet in our old city simply puts them in boxes and throws them away which is unsanitary and horrible.

After years of faithful love and friendship one's dog deserves the honour of a dignified death.

And that does not include taxidermy.

I think I have to agree with folks here. We did collect some of Joker's hair when he passed, but no, I don't think even if I could afford it, I'd go for taxidermy. It's a bit morbid and creepy, and honestly, I don't think it would be possible to get even one of the expressions we remember right, so it wouldn't seem like the same dog anyway. I think we're better off with memories, and perhaps smaller tokens.

What was the stuffed dog's name on Scrubs? That was kind of a creepy dog, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trace View Post
    What was the stuffed dog's name on Scrubs? That was kind of a creepy dog, too.
    I never really watched Scrubs, but I think the dog's name was Rowdy.

Yes! I'm pretty sure you're right. I think it was Rowdy. Creepy critter.

It was Rowdy I do love Scrubs & the dog always made me laugh but I couldn't have him in my house!

I wouldn't stuff my dog. I don't even like trophy animal heads on the wall, gives a bad feeling to display something dead. Never looked good either.

Erm, no. That is incredibly creepy and I would find it very disconcerting to go over to someone's house and they introduce their dead stuffed dog by name. I's something you would see in the beginning of one of the eerie horror movies, lol. I guess your friend keeps it for comfort, but there is just something odd about keeping your dead animal around and it's just sitting there opposite you *Shivers*. I guess it's okay as long as your mate doesn't talk to it...

I will agree with you there Knightofalbion. I think that every pet deserves a dignified death and the memories that we have of them should be cherished. In some cases, if the owner wishes to keep their pet with them, then that is their decision, but personally, this wouldn't sit right with me. It might be strange to have your pet sitting so still in your living room where before you knew what an active and fun pet he/she was, so that might be troubling, but again, not something I would think of doing.

I definitely would not stuff my dog after it died. The death of my beloved companion would be crushing enough, but to have to see its stuffed corpse sitting in my house, non-moving, not wagging, and not barking would be too much to bear. I think it is sick that people could turn their best animal friend into a stuffed animal after it dies. That is very disrespectful to the pet, and is very unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by cmilliken View Post
    The death of my beloved companion would be crushing enough, but to have to see its stuffed corpse sitting in my house, non-moving, not wagging, and not barking would be too much to bear.
    I completely agree, everytime I would look at it, it would tug at my heartstrings, and I'd be in tears daily for sure. Just the idea of sitting home, knowing that my dog was somewhere being stuffed, is too inhumane for me.

There is just no way I would want to have my Chipper stuffed. I love him with all my heart, but even when he is gone from the earth, he will forever live in my heart.
    When he is gone, I will bury him, and plant a rosť, or another flower there in his memory, and when I look at it, I will think of my Chipper.

I guess I can see having an animal stuffed (sort of), if it is an animal that is in the public eye, such as Trigger being on view in Roy Rogers museum, but I do not even like to see the trophy animals or birds that are put on walls. In a historical museum, I can see that, too.

I can understand that some people like this as a memorial for their pet, but I am just not one of those people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.