HELP! Save these mammoth donkeys in Anna TX!

HELP! Save these mammoth donkeys in Anna TX!

These two lovely mammoth donkeys are advertised on CraigsList for $100 for both!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/grq/3809974373.html

They look like very nice donkeys! I have talked with the 12 year old girl who is handling the sale (because her parents don't speak English). Apparently, her family bought the property, and the donkeys came with it. They don't know how old the donkeys are or whether they are trained. I'm guessing they probably are because mammoth donkeys are good riding animals. The girl does not know if the male is a gelding or not, and I didn't feel it appropriate to get into particulars with her on the phone, but I'm guessing the male is a gelding because the donkeys have been together for years without reproducing. The ad says the people think the female is pregnant; however, I'm thinking she may be just fat because of good spring grass or may be bred with one of the ponies the people have put on the property. The girl says they want to sell the donkeys because they are trying to raise ponies (implying they have a stallion) and the donkeys play too roughly with the ponies.

I would love to have them myself, but I don't have a trailer to bring them the hundred miles from Anna to my home. Also, I only have about 5 acres available to me, and I already have a donkey. That would really be too many animals for the space I have.

I am VERY WORRIED that these big cheap donkeys are going to attract the attention of a kill buyer and get sent off for slaughter. I hope someone here can give them a good home!

Male Donkey.jpgFemale Donkey.jpg

Where in Anna I can look I may Have place for them. Thanks

About the Donkey

[QUOTE=Brightstar;47191] Hi, I am interesting on those donkeys if you provide me the phone and address Where in Anna I can look I Have big land . Thanks really appreciate it.

This thread is from 2013 Brightstar. It's nice that you would have been willing to take them, but I'm sure they're no longer available. You can send the original poster a private message and ask about them, you might get a reply....good luck.

This thread is from 2013 Brightstar. It's nice that you would have been willing to take them, but I'm sure they're no longer available. You can send the original poster a private message and ask about them, you might get a reply, but she hasn't posted since '13....good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.