Vet Issues...

Vet Issues...

I miss my old vet. I mean, I still go to the same clinic. However, since she wasn't there when we brought Chooey there, we had another vet look at Chooey. This vet was probably nice to most of her patients but she grew impatient with Chooey. Chooey was in pain and all her senses were heightened that every little poke and prod had her screaming in pain. I was stressed. And this new vet was expressing her frustration visibly. She looked annoyed that Chooey couldn't be kept still.

So in the end, Chooey didn't get her muzzle bandaged because she wouldn't want anyone to touch it. After the pain has settled, we went back to vet seeing as she wasn't able to put the bandage on last time. Our last vet wouldn't have charged us for the visit seeing as it this should have been part of treatment that we paid for last time, but this one did... So I just miss our old vet.

Should I be switching clinics seeing as my favorite vet and this same vet are working there?

Can you make appointments specifically with your old vet? If so, I wouldn't switch clinics. Charging you for the second visit, for something that should've been taken care of to begin with, is not right. I wonder if she couldn't have just given Chooey a mild sedative injection, and did the bandaging on the first visit. So sad that the dog has to go through all that too. If I couldn't get to see my favorite old vet by appointment, then I would go somewhere else.

The clinic I go to have many different doctors, some I like less than others. I have one favorite, so if it's a serious health issue with my dog, I will make an appointment only with him...but for shots and general check-ups, any of them will do. With a case like Chooey, I'd have to see my particular vet to be sure the job was done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Can you make appointments specifically with your old vet? If so, I wouldn't switch clinics. Charging you for the second visit, for something that should've been taken care of to begin with, is not right. I wonder if she couldn't have just given Chooey a mild sedative injection, and did the bandaging on the first visit. So sad that the dog has to go through all that too. If I couldn't get to see my favorite old vet by appointment, then I would go somewhere else.

The clinic I go to have many different doctors, some I like less than others. I have one favorite, so if it's a serious health issue with my dog, I will make an appointment only with him...but for shots and general check-ups, any of them will do. With a case like Chooey, I'd have to see my particular vet to be sure the job was done right.
    I think I could. But I've never had issues with other vets either. All of them have been nice so far. This new one is the only one I've had issues with. I love the clinic. They're reasonable. And the price is okay even though they're a little expensive than the norm. Still, I agree with the sedative. It might have helped, but I guess she didn't think about it because she's new there. Probably practicing for less than a year. Still, the experience with her was pretty disturbing.

I had to see Chooey injected on the back of the leg for an antibiotic and Chooey was squirming so hard and screaming. And she let go of the syringe while it was still on the leg because she couldn't inject it there due to Chooey's squirmy movements. This made her even frown more. But they eventually decided to inject it subcutaneously.

It was the first time I had to close my eyes seeing as Chooey wasn't the patient when she normally is.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.