My beloved Mickey

Post My beloved Mickey

Views: 16 Size: 34.2 KB">Mickey.jpg

This is my dog Mickey when he was young and spry. He died in September 2012 at age 16. Mickey was a Jack Russell Terrier that I rescued when he was five months old. He was my friend, my baby, and my protector. He was tiny but he thought he was a Rottweiler by the way he barked and growled at anyone he thought was a threat to me.

When I was very sick for a stretch of time and had to sleep on the couch, he was by my side, balled up on the end, rather than sleeping in the bed with my husband. He refused to leave me. I was with him when he died, talking to him, petting him and assuring him that he had been the very best friend in the world and I'd never forget it.

I never will.

I adopted a Yorkie/Dachshund mix six weeks ago who was 7 months old and in desperate need of a home. I love her but she hasn't replaced Mick. She's Molly and he was Mickey and my memories of Mickey will never fade.

What a beautiful boy and a lovely tribute to him. I am so sorry for your loss, but try to focus on the may happy memories you have and the loving home you gave to a dog in need. He sounds like one of a kind, and obviously adored you. No dog will ever replace him, but I'm so glad you've found Molly - she will help you heal and that never means you love Mickey any less.

Run free and happy at Rainbow Bridge Mickey xx

So sorry to see you have lost your beloved Mickey, he was a cute little dog, its very hard when our pets pass on, hugs to you.RIP sweet Mickey

Mickey was a beautiful boy, Ladynightowl. I'm very sorry for your loss, it sounds like he was very loyal and loving with a special place in your heart, and you the same to him.

Oh my heart goes out to you. I also lost my special friend Bailey a few years ago. It truly was like losing a member of the family! I wasn't prepared for the grief I felt. At first I couldn't fathom having another pet and for more than one reason. I felt guilty even considering it and it seemed disloyal but I also couldn't imagine going through that kind of loss ever again! Very sweet tribute and very cute little guy. RIP Mickey!

Im so sorry about Mickey. He was a beautiful little boy. My condolences

• Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.