Thread: Feeding Raw Eggs - Good or Bad?

Arrow Feeding Raw Eggs - Good or Bad?

Every now and then I break a raw egg over my dog's dry food for dinner. Here's an article about some of the benefits of raw eggs for dogs...http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com...s-good-or-bad/
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

Our dogs have tried eggs they both like them the only trouble is it tensds to give the Shepherd the runs.They have even tried the egg shells.

I feel like it would be better to just stay away from the raw eggs in general, seeing as how they can cause diseases in humans. But, antoher way to look at it is that dogs eat raw meat and uncooked foods all the time. I guess they havediffernent enzymes in their digestive system that can cause them to be able to digest these types of foods without trouble. If a vet says it's okay, then its probably okay. Unlessit gives them the runs like wombat said.

I wouldn't risk it, but I don't see how it hurts.

The egg isn't the problem, its bacteria like salmonella and all that. I've seen raw eggs mentioned in salad dressings before, so who knows?

I just don't like eggs at all myself, just never adjusted to the taste or texture.

Sounds like raw eggs are a great idea based on that article. If your dog doesn't seem to be having any trouble digesting it then that's probably a good sign.

My only concern would be where the eggs come from. My philosophy is: if the chickens are happy, then the eggs are happy, and I'm happy. I won't eat the cheap eggs from the grocery store because I can't stand the thought of those chickens stuck in tiny little cubes forced to lay an inhumane amount of eggs just so some people can make a profit.

Quote Originally Posted by skarlett88 View Post
    My only concern would be where the eggs come from. My philosophy is: if the chickens are happy, then the eggs are happy, and I'm happy. I won't eat the cheap eggs from the grocery store because I can't stand the thought of those chickens stuck in tiny little cubes forced to lay an inhumane amount of eggs just so some people can make a profit.
    I used to think that cage-free was much better than caged, but cage-free doesn't necessarily mean that the hens are happy and carefree. http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/...tery-cage.html

When I was a kid, we would go away for a couple of months in the summer, and buy our eggs from a small farm owned by two women who were sisters and lived there and cared for all the animals. They didn't have many, and they were truly happy and pampered. Now those chickens were free, natural, not confined whatsoever, and HAPPY!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanual Kant~

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.