starting an album

starting an album

Help please, if I start an album do I have to reduce the size of photos before uploading or does it not matter.

Looks like the max file size for photos is 300 kb. You should be fine.

I reduce mine, because on they are originally huge. I have uploaded them larger than I would send in a typical email though.

If your photos are bigger than 1024x768, they will be re-sized automatically during the upload. After the automatic re-size, the file size will be reduced below 300KB (most will be smaller than 200K). So, you don't have to reduce the file size. But some photos can be very big, you can save some upload time if you reduce them before the upload.

Thanks for your help Alpha1, and Matrix, I will have a go at uploading when I sort through some photos.

help pleaseI have down loaded a couple of pictures, in private album but for some reason they disappear not long after they show up in my album, what am I doing wrong?

After the popup upload window disappears, there is one more step to finalize the upload process, you can also rename each photo in this step. Is it possible you missed it? See screenshot below:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Once they're uploaded, click "Done" and you can add a caption to each photo by highlighting the image number and replacing it with a name or description of the photo, then click "Save Changes", as Matrix has explained.

Thank you Matrix and Alpha1 for your help I will try again.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.