Do You Talk Outloud To Your Pets?

Do You Talk Outloud To Your Pets?

Whether it's a hamster, bird, fish, dog or cat...do you talk to your pets throughout the day?

I do. No long conversations of course, LOL, but I always greet them when they come into a room to keep me company, etc. My main fault is baby-talk. I'm one of those people who uses a baby-talk voice, especially with puppies or cats.

My kitten has been responding to me more and more everyday. If he mews, I'll say something like 'what is it sweetie?', then he mews again, and I say something else...I love it.

Yes, I talk to our two all the time especially when We are out in the yard playing.

I always talk to my cat, and he talks back much like you described with your kitten. My cat is very talkative - er, meow-ative? ^_^ I also talk to my plants...

You have to talk to your pets, it is sometimes the only reasonable talk you may have that day. Animals seem like they enjoy being conversed with, and a sure sign if you have any stress in your voice will be seen in your animals reaction.

Yeah talk to my dogs like a normal person! They actually pick up on what you are saying though (just like teaching tricks) not like how your day was at work though lol

I talk to my cats. I think almost everyone tends to personalize animals. We even tend to do it with inanimate objects. How many of us have talked to our car, or a golfball?

I talk to my dog all the time. She loves coming up to me at my desk and putting her paws on my lap or even the desk. We have lots of little conversations then. She even has a dog friend on Facebook that she has lots of conversations with. They go something like this: eye donut no wi mi mommee wont gib mee mor op da bakim. sheez nose dat eye wuv da bakim an still donut share da bakim. I know, we're all a little crazy here at our house!

Too cute Eslucky, LOL!

I always talk to the family pets, and one of my main faults is also baby talk... I even tend to baby talk the goldfish, mantis, and eel on occasion, not just the birds, cats and dogs. xD

Hi Plex, welcome to Pet Forums! You're not alone there, LOL, I talk baby talk to all little creatures, whether my pets or not.

Thank you for the welcome, Alpha! LOL I'm the same way, doesn't matter if they're mine or not either.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.