Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

An abandoned old couple

That is just wonderful that you have found someone who has beagles and wants these dogs, and they will probably have a good life there from what you are telling us.
    beagles are such personable little dogs. The one that showed up on my porch was just as friendly as she could be, too.
    my granddaughter was there for a visit, and she and "Daisy" became fast friends during the time that we cared for her while finding her owners.

I am glad that you were the one to find these poor dogs; it seems that they found a wonderful second chance, and it's great that they'll have a happy life after their previous ordeals.

I wish you luck with helping them to health, and them the best of luck with their healing; it definitely seems like these two are already well on the way there! And the idea of satin balls is ingenious, if I do say so myself.

Oh I just had to track the story of the old couple. They seemed to be really cute together, wandering the streets, battling the odds to survive, finding a good home and dealing with a family of tape worms. Sounds like a great love story in the making. LOL.

I am glad that they are getting better by the day. I remember when I got Peanuts, she had an entire battalion of worms of different shapes and sizes. Gross as that may seem, I was pretty glad she had perfected her potty training back then. All I had to do was toss out the paper in the fire and all their descendants obliterated with them.

Would love if you could post a picture here with them together before they get adopted.

Congratulations on the rescue. Did you have them scanned for chips? Perhaps they could track down the jerk and prosecute. Small chance I know but boy it burns me up when animals are abandoned like that.

The old couple has been legally mine for over a week now and they are up to a healthy weight. Now for snipping. They went in Friday and I will pick them up tomorrow. The man that wants them has came by to meet them and says he will give me an adoption fee for them, so I won't be out too much money. He is really great. The dogs love him and he loves the fact that they know how to "tally ho." I feel really as ease about the new home they will have.

Excellent news!! So glad they'll be going to a good home, and you're the greatest for caring for them so well in the interim!

The old couple went home today. It was fantastic. I don't think I have ever seen so many beagles outside of a dog show. If I wasn't bawling, I would have remembered to take a picture of them meeting their new buddies. That is on the list for the recheck next week.

Awww...I'm so happy for them, I'm getting teary eyed just reading about it, lol. So glad things worked out for them and you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.