Animal lover, vegetarian

Animal lover, vegetarian

Greetings

This like a lovely community of fellow animal lovers.

I adore animals. Personally, pet-wise I have 2 kitties, 2 ratties and fostering a doggie and hope to foster another kitty from the wonderful no-kill shelter that I have the privledge of working in.

But I love non-pet animals too – I spend much of my time at local parks with pigeons on my head eating bread (I heard a child refer to me as pigeon whisperer once), have been late to classes when a petting zoo visits campus or when I get captivated watching insects.

I am also strongly into animal rights and am a vegetarian. “True human goodness in all its purity and freedom can come to the fore only when its recipient has no power. Mankind’s true moral test its fundamental test consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy - animals. And in this respect mankind had suffered a fundamental debacle a debacle so fundamental that all others stemmed from it”

I am very shy, and I find that I can relate better to animals than people; and do not feel ashamed of this; and thusly am drawn to texts/persons who share such views such as Saint Blaise who’d rather “live with wild beasts, than with malicious people”.

Welcome Zkoc, to you and your pet family!

Hi zkoc. It's nice meeting a fellow animal lover. Welcome to this forum. We look forward to seeing those pigeons you feed in the park. Your foster paws are really lucky to have you as their temporary pawrent.

A very warm welcome to the forum!

Warmest greetings from me, too! I am a vegan, so I understand your perspective. As for humans, there are some very good ones; they're not all bad!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.