"The dog is not a human."

"The dog is not a human."

This is what the person allegedly said when he was reprimanded for chaining a dog to a tree for four straight years.

Joseph The Dog Was Chained To A Tree For 4 Years

This is how the rescued German Shepherd looked like when he was taken by PAWS. He was dehydrated, emaciated and had skin infection. He also had heart worms.

Thankfully, he is now being nursed back to health by PAWS, Ohio.

That is so terrible ! It is beyond my comprehension, why someone would even bother to keep an animal that they cared that little about. If they were not going to feed, water, and shelter this poor dog, they should have at least given it away to someone who would take care of it.
    That poor guy is nothing but skin and bones and tied out to face the elements, too hot or too cold besides, it is a wonder that he could even survive so long like that.
    I am so thankful that at least , now, he has been rescued, and will be living in a home where he is loved and cared for.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
    That is so terrible ! It is beyond my comprehension, why someone would even bother to keep an animal that they cared that little about. If they were not going to feed, water, and shelter this poor dog, they should have at least given it away to someone who would take care of it.
    That poor guy is nothing but skin and bones and tied out to face the elements, too hot or too cold besides, it is a wonder that he could even survive so long like that.
    I am so thankful that at least , now, he has been rescued, and will be living in a home where he is loved and cared for.
    I know. As I read the news, I was sad that he didn't care that the dog was emaciated. He would tell the neighbors that the dog has some kind of disease which was why it was skin and bones. Fortunately, somebody finally reported him.

Hopefully, he'll find a loving home to adopt him.

There are no words for how angry this makes me. Someone should chain the person that did that to a tree for four years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinch7 View Post
    There are no words for how angry this makes me. Someone should chain the person that did that to a tree for four years.
    ...I'd like to help to make sure that the chain is nice and secure.

Exactly Alpha, I just cannot fathom the awful frame of mind. Shocking doesn't even cover it.

So sad it took 4 years to rescue him, better late than never I guess.

They keep the animal because it gives them a feeling of power and control to inflict such abuse on another living creature. People who do this are either evil or sick, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    ...I'd like to help to make sure that the chain is nice and secure.
    Please do.

Quote Originally Posted by lorilou View Post
    They keep the animal because it gives them a feeling of power and control to inflict such abuse on another living creature. People who do this are either evil or sick, or both.
    True. That is one sick and twisted way to think about it.

I am thankful that somebody finally decided to call. I'm not sure if the neighbors believed his story about the dog having a condition or they were simply ignorant, but it is sad that a large percentage of the population isn't as knowledgeable about their pets as they should be.

oh, that poor dog, i dont like it when people leave there animals!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.