Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cava-poo-chon: A New Designer Breed

Cava-poo-chon: A New Designer Breed

Crazy as it may sound, there seems to be a hype for this new designer breed. The breeders asking price? $2000 to $3500. They claim it is the ideal dog with dark black eyes and curly hair (like a Golden Doodle, only way way cuter). It comes in two varieties... curly and very curly. It's supposed to be smart, youthful and relatively healthy.

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel/Bichon Frisť/Miniature Poodle was bred on a farm in Pine, Arizona, with the help of a geneticist and a reproductive veterinarian
    Source:Is This the World's Most Perfect Dog?
    Your thoughts? No offense, but didn't they just make a cocktail of dog mixes. I am sure, there are cavapoochons already existing in the pounds.

I've seen a lot of dogs that look just as cute as that, and you're right, there's likely some of that exact breed in shelters and pounds. These people asking prices like that are very greedy to say the least...unfortunately there'll be a lot of potential buyers I'm sure.

Hate, hate, HATE "designer" breeds. People are paying insane prices & then dumping them in Rescue when the trend changes - dogs are not fashion objects! A neighbour rescue currently has EIGHT "Jugs" (the most recent fad, JRT/Pug x) & we recently had 8 Cavichon pups at our Rescue, another recent craze. All this does is encourage the notion that dogs are accessories to be kept as a statement and thrown away when the trend moves on. It is sickening that this disposable culture moves on to dogs.

Also - the title of the article is "Is this the worlds most perfect dog?" - the "perfect" dog is something completely different to every single person or family!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinch7 View Post
    Hate, hate, HATE "designer" breeds. People are paying insane prices & then dumping them in Rescue when the trend changes - dogs are not fashion objects! A neighbour rescue currently has EIGHT "Jugs" (the most recent fad, JRT/Pug x) & we recently had 8 Cavichon pups at our Rescue, another recent craze. All this does is encourage the notion that dogs are accessories to be kept as a statement and thrown away when the trend moves on. It is sickening that this disposable culture moves on to dogs.
    That's crazy. I can see why people would have Golden Doodles. They're great therapy dogs and people who are allergic to dogs may have lesser tendencies to react to their fur and dander.

But designer breeds for the sake of making cute dogs?!? Seriously, I've had it with these breeders! It's sad that some people still think that dogs are disposable. What they're doing is making more dogs, dressing it pretty and selling it at a high price tags when it all it boils down to is a mixed breed.

A friend of mine adopted a dorkie from the pound. Who wants to call a dog breed "Dorkie" (dachshund yorkie mix)?

Well, at least your friend got the Dorky from the pound, I bet it's a nice little doggie.

Well, I dont think it is right to hate the dog or the breed itself, just the selfish so called 'reputable breeders' and the pet stores that buy them.

I did not say that I had the dog or the breeds themselves - I am not that narrow minded! As my post goes on to explain, it is the attitude towards dogs & the industry itself that I hate. I never have, or ever will, choose a dog based on breed alone.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, just wanted to make a point.

No I didn't think you where being rude - just wanted to clarify my point Would hate for anyone to think I disliked the dogs for their breed rather than the silly people who breed them

Oh ok

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Well, at least your friend got the Dorky from the pound, I bet it's a nice little doggie.

The Dorkie from Cowspotdogs. Isn't she a cutie? Just to correct my error previously, she is a friend friend's dorkie! LOL. Can't get enough of that word.

thats new? can't we all get along?? this is my first thread i viewed ind i see a fight already?? lol

There's no fight in this thread?!

There's no fight in this thread?!
    So that's what I forgot to mention! GF, I was supposed to tell you that your avatar is scary.
    Just look at those eyes! They could bring you to your knees with a single stare.

And don't worry pgioffre, this is just us sharing our opinions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.