Camel Crickets--most frightening insect in america

Camel Crickets--most frightening insect in america

I am a bug hater. I don't really know many people who are likened to insets, but me personally, I HATE BUGS!!!

so my whole life it feels like I've been battling against thtese things called camel crickets.I have a huge phobia of them, they are in every basement...waiting--to scare the life out of me. The thing about these guys is that they will jump on you and attack you unline most bugs which will run away. They are carnivores, they feed at night and hide inthe day.

So for me, I live in the basement and it's getting warmer out so the fear that I will, see one, even just one, scares me all day 0_0 here is a picture of one

I'm with you, I don't like bugs at all, especially ones that jump like crickets or grasshoppers. Even when the miller moths fly around the house in that erratic crazy way, I freak out. Now the cat is locating them and going after them, when he gets them and is done playing with them, he eats them. I've been bitten many times by bugs before, but I never feared being attacked and eaten!

I used to have a huge bug phobia, especially spiders! It was pretty much eradicated by my spending several weeks out in the woods last summer, and they just became normal. I must say though, I've never run into a camel cricket. Don't think I would want to based on that photo. Kind of gross looking...

Ooo, they look and sound awful princess-sprinkles, I would freak out if one jumped on me. I don't think we have them here.

THEY LOOK AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love pets and I love Silky!

Yikes!
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I'm with you, I don't like bugs at all, especially ones that jump like crickets or grasshoppers. Even when the miller moths fly around the house in that erratic crazy way, I freak out. Now the cat is locating them and going after them, when he gets them and is done playing with them, he eats them. I've been bitten many times by bugs before, but I never feared being attacked and eaten!
    Same thing happens here. When I see a bug inside, I take Daisy to eat for that purpose, because I don't want to kill it myself and she goes nuts after spotting one.

My only bug phobia was mosquitoes when I lived in Ohio. No other bugs up there did not bite me. But down here every insect that lives in forested areas bites me. Now I am afraid of seeing any insect at a park because chances are at least one of them will bite me.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.