Dog-Friendly Beaches in the USA

Smile Dog-Friendly Beaches in the USA

Here's a site that has a listing of dog-friendly beaches in the United States, search by specific state for rules and regulations.

http://www.petfriendlytravel.com/dog_beaches

I love seeing dogs at the beach. They seem to love it so much! I took some photos last summer of other people's puppies having a blast at a very dog-friendly beach in Washington state.

DSCF2321.jpg

Great photo! Thanks for sharing. I've taken two of my dogs years ago to the beaches on the Oregon Coast, and they loved it. They could swim a bit in the salt water, and also has some fresh water streams to drink out of. Good exercise running on the sand, made for a happy and peaceful sleep in the camper.

San Diego has one of the best dog beaches. It is on Coronado Island. We try to get there as often as we can but that is never often enough. It is only about a five hour drive for us. Lucky and Penny absolutely loved it there. It is right next to a Naval base so there is a bonus of getting to see all kinds of military jets flying very low getting ready to land.

Temporary 015.jpgTemporary 013.jpgTemporary 017.jpg

Hmmm...almost looks like Standard Schnauzers in that middle picture.

Our lab has been to the beach near us when he was about a year old and he absolutely loved it, we havent taken our Shepherd yet so she doesn't know what a beach is we hope to take them both during the summer months, can't wait to see Sheps reaction.

Alpha1, you're right it does look like Standard Schnauzers in the middle picture. I can't remember since those pictures were taken a few years ago.

Wombat, I bet your Shep will love the beach. There are all kinds of different breeds at the beach in San Diego.

San Diego is very dog friendly. We took our dogs to restaurants with outdoor seating and they loved that too. They were very well behaved and all kinds of different people came up to pet them. I don't think Daisy is ready for that yet. She would get too excited if someone wanted to pet her.

Being at the beach has been great fun and the dogs love to jump and play. Other beach attendees always have a mixed reaction to dogs. That is troubling, I suppose many folks are made nervous by dogs that are not their own.

Dog friendly beaches? Dogs are animals and can go where ever they want!!!
    I would laugh my ass off if I seen a beach saying no dogs here in Thailand. PAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Rottiwild View Post
    Dog friendly beaches? Dogs are animals and can go where ever they want!!!
    I would laugh my ass off if I seen a beach saying no dogs here in Thailand. PAHAHAHA
    Some people have not been very responsible regarding the actions of their dogs on the beaches in the United States, also of the clean-up of their waste...so, there has been some upset as to having animals on the beaches that people frequent. I'm sure things are different in Thailand, different lifestyle and rules, to be sure.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.