And the hits keep on coming

And the hits keep on coming

So along with the inevitable vet bills for Zoe's check ups and the broken Fish Tank needing replacing, now I had to purchase a new vehicle for myself.

Yesterday I got into a car accident when someone else ran through a yield when I was heading down the street. I swerved to try to avoid them (though I did clip their passenger door still) and slammed into a tree. The jeep I previously had was pretty bashed up and it would have cost more to fix it than it would to buy a new vehicle as my grandmother had (without my knowledge) taken the jeep off of full coverage, so it was not covered by the insurance company.

I am okay but a bit bruised up (chest, neck, shoulders have bruising and a bit of pain but it'll go away) and the other guy was completely fine (better off than me, in fact), so that's a blessing at least. Luckily we've had good luck finding well priced used vehicles that are in good condition in the area, so there's that, so I already know what I will be buying to replace the Jeep; and since the accident wasn't my fault my grandmother agreed to lend me the money and pay for the new vehicle for now since I don't have enough money saved up for it. Unfortunately the cop gave me a ticket still for 'failing to stop' which we will be fighting since I had the right-away and the other person was supposed to have yielded for me. Wish me luck on that!

Wow...thank goodness you're okay! That is a run of bad luck for you, but like you say, it could have been worse. I'm always seeing people screwing up on the roads and highways. They don't yield properly, they run lights, they sometimes are so distracted that they are oblivious to anything that's going on around them. Meanwhile, we are the ones that suffer from their careless driving.

I would fight that one too...are there any witnesses that can help your case? How are they ticketing YOU?! I have a Jeep Cherokee, what kind of a Jeep did you have? What are you planning on getting to replace it?

It definitely could have, I was glad I was able to swerve to avoid damaging his vehicle too much, though like I said the jeep is pretty trashed after hitting the tree.

This guy had initially yielded but then started driving in front of me as I was coming, I had seen him yield initially and he didn't start moving again until I was nearly there, so I was unable to break in time to avoid him. There are no witnesses to the actual accident but we will be photographing the intersection and giving the magistry a police report copy that says I was not the one with the yield sign, the ticket was for 'not stopping in time / being distracted' while I was not the one that is at fault!

I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee 2001 until this happened. The car we are getting to replace it is a 2007 Chevy Trailblazer since we still need a larger vehicle for heavy lifting and towing the camper. I already test drove it and it seems to be a great vehicle, for a decent price too which is good. I still would never be able to afford it myself, so I'm very thankful my grandma is helping out.

It's great that your grandmother is willing to help you out, very nice of her. Good luck with your new Trailblazer, hope it runs well and keeps you safe.

It's running well so far, so hopefully it continues to do so and keeps me safe!
    Come to find out my boyfriend got into a car crash (oil slick on freeway where he lives caused it) and has to replace his car but he is unharmed as is his passengers, and my friend that I stay with every week got into a car crash and while unharmed has a decent chunk of damage on her vehicle today. Must be a bad week!

Gotta be thankful when crashes like that don't result in permanent damage to the people, or death. Let's hope 2014 is a better year for you, and all the drivers on the roads.

Sorry to hear of your accident Plex,but glad you are ok,I hope you have a much better year 2014.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.