Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maine Coon Cat

Arrow Maine Coon Cat

The Maine Coon is intelligent, shrewd, affectionate, home-loving and a great mouser. It is friendly toward the entire family, but selects one person to whom it gives itself entirely.

The coat is similar to that of a raccoon. The standard allows 25 different colors, solid and mixes, plus Tabby combinations. They are large, muscular, with a rectangular silhouette. The ears are tufted. Photos courtesy of cfa.org. http://www.cfa.org/client/breedMaineCoon.aspx

MaineCoon1B.jpgMaineCoon2B.jpg

Ooh, gorgeous fur and markings, and a very fluffy tail! I like these kitties.

Very pretty and majestic looking.

I have a Maine Coon Cat and he is the best cat I have ever had. He is gray and white and very tall and big compared to most cats. He goes inside and outside and loves to spend his evenings outside. Hunting is one of his favorite things to do. We live on a small lake and he loves to hunt for birds and chipmunks. Mr. Kitty, his most original name likes me the most and it usually takes him a few days to warm up to visitors that come and stay with us. He normally won't come up to anyone that is visiting for only a few hours.

Maine Coons are beautiful, and how lucky yours is to live on a lake and be out in nature, they really need that. If you can, please post a picture of Mr. Kitty, I'd love to see him!

Always willing to post pictures of my pets . This is a picture of Mr. Kitty and my Golden Retriever Lucky. They are best friends. Mr. Kitty is not quite as close to our new puppy Daisy. Mainly because all Daisy wants to do is jump on him and play but they still do get along and its pretty cute when Mr. Kitty swats at Daisy. Lucky has been sick and had to have an ultrasound so don't mind her shaved belly.

kitty-lucky-june2012-600.jpg

Thanks cute pic! That picture reminded me of one I had my two house buddies.

IMGP2459.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Thanks cute pic! That picture reminded me of one I had my two house buddies.
    Awwww! That is a great pic of your dog and cat. What cuties! Your black cat is so shiny. I love how the cat is right up by your dog's face. When they can rest or sleep next to each other that's when you know there is no fear and lots of love there.

He's not black, he's a smoky gray color. You can see more pics in my Loki photo album. He's also a Manx, hence the no tail. Considering he's 10 months old, and my dog is almost 10 years old, I'm thrilled when they hang out together. My husband said the kitten once was resting his head on my dog's rump as they slept, and the kitten 'ankle polishes' the dog at times too.

I just uploaded a video of Mr. Kitty and Daisy (AKA Trouble Maker) to YouTube. You can see in the video that Daisy wants to play with Mr. Kitty a little bit more than he does. I think it is pretty cute how he swats and bites at Daisy. Daisy loves it.

Thanks for the smiles eslucky! Mr. Kitty is a beautiful Maine Coon, didn't really get to see his face is the last phot you posted...and Daisy is too cute!

Quote Originally Posted by eslucky View Post
    I just uploaded a video of Mr. Kitty and Daisy (AKA Trouble Maker) to YouTube. You can see in the video that Daisy wants to play with Mr. Kitty a little bit more than he does. I think it is pretty cute how he swats and bites at Daisy. Daisy loves it.

Aww very cute thanks for sharing!

A beautiful 17 month old Maine Coon boy that I saw at a cat show today, his owner said he still had a lot of growing to do. This cat was super relaxed and laid back...

Some of the best cats out there, my maine coon passed away when my vet screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedog123 View Post
    Some of the best cats out there, my maine coon passed away when my vet screwed up.
    Aww...so sorry to hear that Aussiedog, what happened at the vets?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.