Don't let the crickets (bed bugs) bite! :D

Don't let the crickets (bed bugs) bite! :D

It's almost dark so...

My sleeping sailfin lizard

She still has no official name yet so for now i'll call her Godzilla

Shes starting to get her ugly sailfin face lol.

Nice lizard for me he looks so cute in his little branch even when he grows

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Type View Post
    Shes starting to get her ugly sailfin face lol.
    Haha meanie! The black face is kinda giving her a mysterious look though

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile person View Post
    Nice lizard for me he looks so cute in his little branch even when he grows
    She/her! Lol.. just wanted to point that out. Somehow i think most people forget that there are female sailfins out there as the 'sails' tend to be a male thing. Patriachal almost haha

Another animal my mom would never have me in her home... The scaly ones really bother her the most.

What's her diet? And how in the world do you know if she's a female?

If you don't plan to call her Godzilla... might I suggest Truffles... hahaha... she looks like it with the black dots on her face..

Quote Originally Posted by haopee View Post
    Another animal my mom would never have me in her home... The scaly ones really bother her the most.

What's her diet? And how in the world do you know if she's a female?

If you don't plan to call her Godzilla... might I suggest Truffles... hahaha... she looks like it with the black dots on her face..

Haha she eats carrots cut into 5 pieces, 1 whole cabbage, a bundle of chinese watercress (kang-kong as they call it), a couple of okra, tomatoes, 2 whole bananas, sapodilla (chico?!as they call it) and some sweetsops (the lady told me it's called atis). She also eats small raw fish like anchovies and tilapias, some chicken feet, crickets and occasionally a small, fat mice. It usually takes her about 2-3 days to finish the veggies.

Upon reaching sub-adulthood males grow a high-rise 'sail' on the back of the waist extending to the base of the tail. Females grows a sail but almost undistinguishable as it just looks like a flat part of the tail. Males also start to get some metallic violet or blue hues as females just remain brownish, yellowish or greenish. Mine does show some orange tints on the side. Mature males also grow horns on the head.

Truffles sounds nice. I shall give that some thought plus it sounds as if it softens the rough reptilian body that my girl possesses haha

Welcome. I'm glad you like the name. It does make her sound cuddlier.

Cabbage? Good thing the prices of vegetables here are cheap right? I'm assuming anchovies are the tiny dried fish? Or does she eat the ones that are still fresh?

What a weird diet... it's a mix of everything. How'd you choose sapodilla (hate chicos!) and sweetsops (atis)... I mean, of all the fruits, why those? Why not grapes, coconuts, oranges, or pineapples?

Also, does this mean she'll eat cockroaches and other insects, like grasshoppers?

What about carabao grass?

I also wanted to ask about the males, but I just realized I've asked too many questions. Sorry about that.

It think godzilla is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by haopee View Post
    Welcome. I'm glad you like the name. It does make her sound cuddlier.

Cabbage? Good thing the prices of vegetables here are cheap right? I'm assuming anchovies are the tiny dried fish? Or does she eat the ones that are still fresh?

What a weird diet... it's a mix of everything. How'd you choose sapodilla (hate chicos!) and sweetsops (atis)... I mean, of all the fruits, why those? Why not grapes, coconuts, oranges, or pineapples?

Also, does this mean she'll eat cockroaches and other insects, like grasshoppers?

What about carabao grass?

I also wanted to ask about the males, but I just realized I've asked too many questions. Sorry about that.
    Haha its okay go fire away!

True that! Very cheap in fact. Yeah, fresh/raw anchovies only. Goldfish are dangerous to reptiles. Grapes are toxic to almost all animals. The only one i know who can safely eat grapes are sugar gliders. Don't wanna risk it haha! As for citrus and sour fruits, they could cause diarrhea. Have tried coconuts but she only drank the juice lol. She does eat roaches but i 'm careful not to give her the ones flying around here as they may harbor parasites or pesticides. Hmm she ignores grasses but will eat the weeds haha. My neighbor's hibiscus bush is almost depleted coz of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Reptile person View Post
    It think godzilla is perfect
    I thought so too but it has way too many syllables if i decide to call her out haha

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.