Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Wildlife Chat, News and Photos

What a beautiful animal! and a great picture! Thanks for sharing Alpha1.

Fawns Escaping Their Predators

Study about how Fawns escape their predators...http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/18040372
    Fawns use 'escape plan' to evade predators

By Michelle Warwicker BBC Nature

Smile Sea Life - Baby Dolphin Rescued

Baby Dolphin Rescued

His name is Furia (Fury) ~ A baby dolphin, with its umbilical cord still attached, was found beached in Uruguay. It is now being reared by the NGO, S.O.S Rescate Fauna Marina.

A beached baby dolphin, found alive with its umbilical cord still attached, is being hand-reared in Uruguay. The male La Plata dolphin was found and was sent to the non-government wildlife rescue organisation S.O.S Rescate Fauna Marina. The Head of S.O.S Rescate Fauna Marina, Richard Tesore, has been photographed this week caring for the little mammal – bottle-feeding her and taking her from her small tank at the rescue centre for swims in the sea.

It is not the first time Tesore has been pictured with a cute juvenile dolphin – pics of a dolphin rescued in similar circumstances being introduced to a rescued penguin made the news last year. The La Plata Dolphin or Franciscana (Pontoporia blainvillei) is found in coastal Atlantic waters of southeastern South America. It is a member of the river dolphin group and the only one that actually lives in the ocean and saltwater estuaries, rather than fresh water.

http://​www.divinedolphin.com/

Female Moose

A few pics of a female moose I just took while on vacation...

IMGP2373.jpgIMGP2375.jpgIMGP2386.jpg

Great Photos Alpha1, it looks like a lovely place to go camping, very scenic.The Moose is one animal we don't see out here in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    Great Photos Alpha1, it looks like a lovely place to go camping, very scenic.The Moose is one animal we don't see out here in Aus.
    Thanks wombat! We saw a male also, early in the morning, but I wasn't able to get a picture of him.

Thumbs up Today's Visitors

A picture (slightly blurry) I took today of a couple of young bucks...

IMGP2463.jpg

How nice to live in a place with wild animals! I would suggest you get a better camera to take long shots, though.

They really weren't far away, you can see my fence in the picture, so I didn't need any zoom. I know what you mean though, my camera is simple, and leaves a lot to be desired. I took three other pictures that came out too dark, or they would've been better, I'm not sure. My camera is perfect for our lifestyle, because it's small, can fit in a t-shirt pocket, and water resistant. But it is old, and only 4 megapixels. Someday I'll get another, but it's good enough for now.

Wow, I thought the fence was a borderline of an animal protection area. It's a paradise! You have the potential to make pictures for National Geographic .

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Wow, I thought the fence was a borderline of an animal protection area. It's a paradise! You have the potential to make pictures for National Geographic .
    LOL, the house is very small and modest, but the view was the selling point for us when we bought it many years ago. Beside the natural view, it's nice and private when we're in the back yard. We see pheasants, hawks, raccoons, coyotes, deer, and my neighbor said he recently had a wild turkey in his yard. It is a protected area, people or dogs are not allowed to walk back there unless walking on a man made trail, which is where you can see the vertical wooden posts. Some of my older deer, rabbit and prairie dog pics were taken from that trail.

How lovely to live in an area amongs't wildlife Alpha1, we don't very often see wildlife here unless we go to national park, very rarely we see the odd kangaroo, bounding past.

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    How lovely to live in an area amongs't wildlife Alpha1, we don't very often see wildlife here unless we go to national park, very rarely we see the odd kangaroo, bounding past.
    The wildlife is beautiful to see to be sure. If I saw a kangaroo passing by it would be incredible! Australia has such unusual and exotic animals. Is that you in the picture with the koalas? Their heads look HUGE!

A man dies...

Mourners walk for miles to pay their last respects...

Strange thing is nobody told them he was dead...

Even stranger, 'they' were elephants...

http://www.beliefnet.com/Inspiration...Whisperer.aspx

Thumbs up Large Tropical Turtle Rescue

Efforts to save a large tropical turtle found on the Oregon coast...http://www.newslincolncounty.com/?p=54636

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.