Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New baby needs a name!

Question New baby needs a name!

My husband woke me up a few mornings ago, "babe I got a puppy". We had been looking for a new dog but I was still surprised. I was wanting a dog not a puppy for one, but my husband knows me and knew I would fall in love. He was right!! He is 1/2 Pit 1/2 boxer. I love boxers and my husband loves pits, so he's a good mix for us. He is almost 3 months old and pretty big already. We have had him 3 days now and still no name for him! I'm always really picky about my pets names which is made even harder when you have another person involved and you have to agree on a name .

So any suggestions? puppy.jpg
    I really like unique names or something strong and masculine since I think he is going to be a big boy. His mom is the pit and his dad the boxer. Both are on the large side for their breeds. I have to get this baby named before he ends up thinking his name is boy! Appreciate any input!

How about Rocky or Tyson?

Beethoven , Koji, Madoxx

Cute pup! Thor is a masculine name used by some, I knew a Shepherd named Thor.

Thanks for all the great suggestions, I like a lot of these names. I love greek/roman/any gods names so Thor is a pretty good one, I had even considered Zeus. My last male boxer who looked a lot like this one was Caesar, we lost him two years ago. My mom still has his mom, her name is Reese (like the peanutbutter cups) because of her color. When I make a final decision I will let you know!

if you like the greek names how about zepher or morpheous Zepher the wind god or morpheous the god of sleep
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Linda2147 I really like all of those names. The kids have taken to calling him peanut butter now. I'm not to big on it especially since my mom has Reese also named for peanut butter. It's hard to overrule kids, but this name may stick. I still don't know though lol.

We named our Manx cat "Loki" which is the Norse God of Mischief, lol! So that's another possibility.

Maximus! Although, Thor isn't half bad.

I used to know a Shepherd named Champ, he was a big boy and the name fit him well.

I'd call him Bart!

Odin was one of our dogs names. That kind of fits him too.

I like all the suggestions but still nothing has given my husband or I that ah ha moment. We have considered Chaos, and as mentioned before my son was calling him Peanut butter but doesn't care if we change that. Is it horrible that I have had him a week now and can't seem to name him???

Well my husband and I have narrowed it down to Brutus and Chaos- I'm for Brutus and he for Chaos. Since I am a stay at home mom right now, I'll probably win. Since I get more dog time than him and what I say goes anyway lol, jk!

Give little Brutus a hug for me, lol!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.