TV for Cats

TV for Cats

I was listening to This American Life's latest episode about pets, "In Dog We Trust" - and one clip was about this guy who started a venture to sell videos that cats find highly entertaining. It's basically footage of birds and squirrels, and apparently cats get quite excited by the sounds and/or sights of it. Interesting idea, though I'm not sure I want my cat getting hooked to the TV, lol. Anyone ever tried using anything like this? I suppose it could be a great idea if you're leaving the cat at home alone for a little bit. Here's the link for the one they were talking about, called Video Catnip. http://www.cattv.com/

People will try anything to make a fast buck, LOL. My cat likes to watch TV sometimes, there's a pic of him watching football in my album.

There were some loud crying cats on a show that caught his attention recently, but there's also been times where I'm watching a show like Cats 101, where there's a lot of kitten or cat mews and activity, and he shows no interest.

I think if I wasn't home, and the TV had on squirrels or birds, that he probably wouldn't watch it if someone wasn't in the room with him.

But I'm like you, wouldn't want to encourage any bad habits, like getting hooked on television.

There are loads free on youtube Molly watches them, she enjoys it.

Cats know the difference between birds on TV and birds in the backyard.
    An inside cat is a safe cat.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.