Turning My Anger Into Something Productive

Turning My Anger Into Something Productive

Today was a disaster! I'm so mad haha! I was out and about to get my female GBB tarantula but apparently it didn't turn out the way i wanted it to be.

I didn't wanna go home empty-handed so i got this 4" female Golden-knee tarantula (Grammostola pulchripes) instead. I named her Chaka Khan so that the name is somewhat related to this spider's other nickname Chaco.

P.S.

Dear GBB, i will have you. Please know that. Yours truly your future owner and stalker.

Just can't go home empty-handed, can you?

Are these guys being sold in Cartimar. I've never taken notice of spiders there? I would often check the aisles between the Japanese cake vendor... and of course, our favorite pet accessories store, which we do plan to visit tomorrow.

She looks beautiful, by the way. And no, I'm not squeamish. I just have to avoid the urticating hairs, right?

Yeah i think they are but they sell x3 than how it would be priced if you buy it from someone from facebook groups or olx

I suppose you scoured the OLX for this pretty lady.

I've rarely seen other species being sold. I guess that's because I'm not much of an arachnid enthusiast.

Did she come from an FB page or the latter? Speaking of, my ex sells scorpions. He says they're very expensive for their sizes. Is that true?

Got it off someone from facebook. Scorpion prices vary per specie and rarity. A Hottentotta tamulus (1.5") could cost around 2k and an asian forest scorp (our local, Heterometrus) which reaches 5 inches could only fetch around 450. But a rare Hadogenes paucidens in our country reaching 6 inches could sell for 7k like i once sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    Got it off someone from facebook. Scorpion prices vary per specie and rarity. A Hottentotta tamulus (1.5") could cost around 2k and an asian forest scorp (our local, Heterometrus) which reaches 5 inches could only fetch around 450. But a rare Hadogenes paucidens in our country reaching 6 inches could sell for 7k like i once sold it
    That would make sense. I asked him to take care of one of my dogs, but his uncle decided to take it with him. I asked him to give the dog back but it was too late, so he offered to have it replaced...

I may have underestimated the power of Facebook.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.