Biggest Goldfish?

Biggest Goldfish?

This is a Koi Carp, by the way. I'm not sure if they fit in the gold fish department.

Source

I think this one is the biggest goldfish ever! LOL. I blame it on the steroids in the chicken feeds.

Freaky haha. The longest koi I've seen in a shinto buddhist temple was about 2 feet long. The scales on those fish, i can't imagine how people could grill those haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    Freaky haha. The longest koi I've seen in a shinto buddhist temple was about 2 feet long. The scales on those fish, i can't imagine how people could grill those haha

What's a Karashigoi? Is that another type of Koi? Just look at this big ones. The guy is holding it as if it were a giant puppy in water!

P.S. They're not for grilling...they're better off being sold. Selling them could get you a hefty sum to dine at a fine restaurant.

Did you know how much one of the pet shops in Cartimar is selling their Kois for?

I asked one time, the price was 75 freaking thousand @_@ i'm like seriously for a fish?! I'd understand the price if it was a cuckatoo or some other vertebrate

What an interesting video, and definitely some huge goldfish/koi . There are many species of carp, and they can grow to bee a large fish. I have seen carp that were almost this size when I was at a dam in Washington State, and looking at the fish climb the fish ladder to get past the dam, and into the reservoir to spawn.
    Those carp were kind of a dirty brown in color, and not pretty like the golden ones are. I think that both goldfish and koi are just different types of carp, and most goldfish can grow to a foot long or so, and thee koi get much larger.
    When I was a child, there was a large pond/small lake near the town that I lived in, and at some time, someone had apparently turned loose a bunch of goldfish in there. It had goldfish of all sizes, shapes and colors, and they were beautiful ! We caught a few of them and took them home in a bucket, and then kept the goldfish in a large tub out in the tall grass beside the back porch. I loved to watch them, and they mostly ate bugs; but we also would put worms in for them to catch and eat.
    We had some that were close to a foot long. and some that were 4-5" long, and the gold and white ones with long fins were my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    I asked one time, the price was 75 freaking thousand @_@ i'm like seriously for a fish?! I'd understand the price if it was a cuckatoo or some other vertebrate
    LOL. Have you tried at the back portion where the bikes are being sold... You'll see the 250k kois swimming in the giant makeshift pond made of large kiddie pools. You have to see those... it rendered me and my sister speechless.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
    What an interesting video, and definitely some huge goldfish/koi . There are many species of carp, and they can grow to bee a large fish. I have seen carp that were almost this size when I was at a dam in Washington State, and looking at the fish climb the fish ladder to get past the dam, and into the reservoir to spawn.
    Those carp were kind of a dirty brown in color, and not pretty like the golden ones are. I think that both goldfish and koi are just different types of carp, and most goldfish can grow to a foot long or so, and thee koi get much larger.
    When I was a child, there was a large pond/small lake near the town that I lived in, and at some time, someone had apparently turned loose a bunch of goldfish in there. It had goldfish of all sizes, shapes and colors, and they were beautiful ! We caught a few of them and took them home in a bucket, and then kept the goldfish in a large tub out in the tall grass beside the back porch. I loved to watch them, and they mostly ate bugs; but we also would put worms in for them to catch and eat.
    We had some that were close to a foot long. and some that were 4-5" long, and the gold and white ones with long fins were my favorite.
    You might have shubunkins if they had long fins. I don't think there's a koi breed that have long beautiful fins. Our shubunkins don't grow in body length. Only their fins grow larger and longer.

P.S. I read in one of the threads that you're almost 70 years old. I think that's awesome. You and Alpha are the super seniors of this forum. Kudos to the internet savvy-ness. I don't come around it so often.

Haven't been there yet. Are there more pet stores there?

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.