Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ever Knocked Down or Injured by a Dog?

iv been knocked out cold by my pit bull mix, of course he didn't mean to. Well we were playing in the living room and he got really excited and took off running and when he came running back though he head butted me in the side of my head. hes a rescued dog so he was nuddered before i got him which made him really big in size. well anyways the end result was 6 stitches and a minor concussion

Quote Originally Posted by ellie View Post
    this past Monday two large dogs ran into me from behind at the dog park. I fell so hard on the pavement that I broke my ankle and cut my arm and hand. I had to be carried out to my car by my husband and a very nice bystander. It happened so fast that I didn't see which dogs they were, and it felt like a car hit me. I will be in a cast for 8 weeks.
    Ellie, I'm so sorry to hear of your injuries, sending warm healing thoughts your way, and hope you have a full recovery. My husband was knocked down to the ground from a dog at the park, that hit into the back of his legs unexpectedly, luckily he was on dirt and the injuries were not as severe.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlelover View Post
    iv been knocked out cold by my pit bull mix, of course he didn't mean to. Well we were playing in the living room and he got really excited and took off running and when he came running back though he head butted me in the side of my head. hes a rescued dog so he was nuddered before i got him which made him really big in size. well anyways the end result was 6 stitches and a minor concussion
    Wow, good example of what may happen! Sounds like you were strong and healthy, as to only have stitches and a minor concussion...another individual, maybe elderly or a child may not have fared so well.

oh yeah i dont recamend children of elderly to play with my pups there over 60 bls each

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I had to laugh about the incident afterward, when I told my husband. If someone recorded it on video, I'm sure it would've gone viral, LOL. Worst dog park experience for me, and hopefully will never be repeated. Luckily, I've never seen that dog or those women again.
    LOL. I would've wanted to see that. Alpha, I'm surprised you're as healthy as a horse! No offense meant, but getting pummeled by a dog is no serious business. Some seniors would have had serious injuries had that happened to them. Just glad to hear you're okay.

Whenever a dog comes at me, I usually stand tall and walk forward myself in a somewhat hunched position. This usually intimidates them and it helps me brace for impact too.

By the way, is it just me or is it that most incidents happen with Labs.
    Yes, I almost fell from the stairs because one of the bigger pups decided that it was Haopee's time to play with her.

Quote Originally Posted by haopee View Post
    LOL. I would've wanted to see that. Alpha, I'm surprised you're as healthy as a horse! No offense meant, but getting pummeled by a dog is no serious business. Some seniors would have had serious injuries had that happened to them. Just glad to hear you're okay.

Whenever a dog comes at me, I usually stand tall and walk forward myself in a somewhat hunched position. This usually intimidates them and it helps me brace for impact too.

By the way, is it just me or is it that most incidents happen with Labs.
    Yes, I almost fell from the stairs because one of the bigger pups decided that it was Haopee's time to play with her.
    It was something else to see Haopee, lol! I'm pretty healthy, and won't go down without a fight. I was somewhat hunched, with my arms in a protective stance. Most incidents I hear of where people are hurt are caused by Labs, maybe because there's so many of them out there.

It was something else to see Haopee, lol! I'm pretty healthy, and won't go down without a fight. I was somewhat hunched, with my arms in a protective stance. Most incidents I hear of where people are hurt are caused by Labs, maybe because there's so many of them out there.
    Good point. I've also noticed that here in our country. After a large population of Shih Tzus, the next in the countdown are Labradors. I think it's because they give birth to more puppies than some of the other breeds. I think the average number of pups per litter for the Shih Tzu is 3.4 while that of Labs are 7.8.

And unfortunately, because Labs are often used in shows, then people assume that they don't require much training or exercise because they must be genetically wired for awesomeness. LOL. Isn't that crazy?

i was almost knockt-out by my dog ,she is a yellow lab , 4 years old now and two years ago i was at the beach with my brother and his wife and my dog ( whisky ) so were having fun playing swiming etc,,,then i sat down on the beach with my brothers wife and just talked and my dog was in the water with my brother....suddenly i felt like someone has punch me in the face...like real real hard...knocked my sun glasess off and i swer i saw everything white for like 5 seconds...and i could not hear anything for like 5 seconds after the hit...after i got myself together i realised my dog run from the water to me and just hit her head in my cheeck....nothing happend to her ..she is a tank...ever since i call her Tank

she almost broke my leg once too..same thing..was in the park she played with other dogs and run into my leg really hard ...
    now she is trained not to run into people...but at the time she didnt know better..

Quote Originally Posted by haopee View Post
    And unfortunately, because Labs are often used in shows, then people assume that they don't require much training or exercise because they must be genetically wired for awesomeness. LOL. Isn't that crazy?
    Labs are seen here the most, followed by Golden Retrievers. Labs definitely need training, some might be well behavied as puppies naturally, but I think that's rare. I've seen too many Labs at the park who are completely out of control, ignore their owners calls, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by pepperfoot View Post
    she almost broke my leg once too..same thing..was in the park she played with other dogs and run into my leg really hard ...
    now she is trained not to run into people...but at the time she didnt know better..
    Welcome pepperfoot! There's a lot of leg and hip injuries from people getting hit into by excited dogs at the park. It's good that you were able to train her not to do that, many people either can't or don't even try to train their dogs.

Labs are seen here the most, followed by Golden Retrievers. Labs definitely need training, some might be well behavied as puppies naturally, but I think that's rare. I've seen too many Labs at the park who are completely out of control, ignore their owners calls, etc.

Welcome pepperfoot! There's a lot of leg and hip injuries from people getting hit into by excited dogs at the park. It's good that you were able to train her not to do that, many people either can't or don't even try to train their dogs.
    it wasnt that hard actually. labs are very smart and pick up fast. all i did was every time i came in the house and she run to me all excited i just bent mt leg a little bit so if she run into me she will get hit with my knee. and at the same time i said " No, No jumping! " so after a little time she learned that jumping on people or running into them means she gets hit by there knee...so she dosnt do that any more. now if she is excited she will run to me and jump at my side and run in circles around me jumping up and down LOL its so cute

Ouch...

This is what happens when a dog headbutts you in the mouth...i was trying to get Cobain to go in his house. For some reason he does NOT want to go in there. Its like hes afraid of it...he went to jump up on top of it while i was bent over and i got a face full of his head. My gums were literally pouring blood for about 4 minutes. And believe me, it hurt like hell.. 20130404_152458-1.jpg

When Hans was younger, I sent him out to fetch the morning newspaper from the driveway. They didn't put it all the way in the plastic bag, so it fell and separated on the ground. When I went out to gather it up, Hans was so happy and playful, that he also came up under my chin and hit hard with his head, as I was stooping down.

He made me bite my lip, and although there wasn't much blood, my lip swelled up like I was in a fight. It was funny, because I told my husband that the people at work are going to think he let me have one, when I got too "lippy". We saw a movie like that a long time ago, and my hubby would never do anything like that...but it caused a few laughs.

Ouch. That sounds painful. I didnt bite my lip or bust it, my gums were bleeding like my front two teeth were gonna fall out. Its still sore and every time i brush, it starts bleeding again...

I was snapped at by a friend's dog once. I don't hold it against the dog though, she is normally very sweet and I realize it must be intimidating to be around groups of people when you're a dog and low to the ground and can't understand what's going on around you.

My husband and I had a boat that we stayed on during the weekends in the summer. We also had 2 dogs; one mix around 40 lbs and one very large black lab- 100lbs. One weekend we were on the boat (luckily at the dock) and my husband was leaning over the back of the boat cleaning it when my lab decided she wanted to see what he was doing. She ran up to him- and into him- and knocked him right off the boat into the water! I couldn't stop laughing for weeks. He, on the other hand, wasn't so amused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.