Today is Beetle Day! :D

Today is Beetle Day! :D

It was a nice day to chill today. I managed to pick-up 3 beetles from my roof deck in less than 30 minutes with me just sitting there.

Not really an insect lover but beetles have always held a special place in my heart

Beetle #1.. A shiny bronze colored fella. Flew right into my face, twice lol

Beetle #2.. Had an elytra that is somewhat frosty like a refrigerated grape

Beetle #3.. Was a nasty one. It had mouthparts that could literally bite your skin off

Picked this one outside. This'll make a perfect "tree" for a small arboreal creature. This driftwood really was the highlight of my day lol

A morning view from my roof deck. I was like, WTH?!

Enjoy your monday guys. I sure did!

Happy Beetle Day!

Beetle #2 reminds me of my pets back in the days. We would catch one and tie a thread on its thorax. Once it gets dark, we release them into the wild and find another one the next day. Believe it or not, I've never had beetle casualties.

I suck at that. I'd tie a string around their thorax but they won't fly and would rather drop dead on that string. I end up releasing them afterwards haha

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue Flicker View Post
    I suck at that. I'd tie a string around their thorax but they won't fly and would rather drop dead on that string. I end up releasing them afterwards haha
    Ahh, you have so much to learn, little Beetle Wrangler. My nieces are a different story. They'd put one in a jar, cover the lid with plastic, put some holes in the lid and observe it. When the day is up, they have to release it. LOL.

My nephews believe otherwise. Once we were at Bohol and he caught himself a starfish. He wanted to take it back to Manila. When I ordered him to put it back, he cried like a girl screaming, "I'm never gonna have pets ever!"

Hahaha! Aww poor nephew. What i usually do is sun-dry the starfish for 24 hours, bury it in dry sand under the nootime sun then brush it off and sun it again. It's ready to take home after that. Some provinces don't allow animal souvenirs though lol

Hahaha! Aww poor nephew. What i usually do is sun-dry the starfish for 24 hours, bury it in dry sand under the nootime sun then brush it off and sun it again. It's ready to take home after that. Some provinces don't allow animal souvenirs though lol
    I think Bohol won't allow it, especially since we got it from Balicasag Island- the fish sanctuary. But it was pretty hilarious to see the boy cry. His dad was very considerate to console his young, grieving heart. I, on the other hand, was the cruel aunt who walked out, laughed and convince myself that it was tough love. Yes, I'm sorry, I can be harsh sometimes.

Poor starfish... LOL. Let see you do that with a jellyfish.

Oh yeah, even seashells and dead corals are not allowed. Same goes for the sea sand lol.. I brought a bagful of driftwood and treebarks from Bohol last year though

Oh yeah, even seashells and dead corals are not allowed. Same goes for the sea sand lol.. I brought a bagful of driftwood and treebarks from Bohol last year though
    Same here. We brought a couple of dead corals and seashells. We even made a necklace that had some inside a little glass bottle. My nieces were ecstatic the night we planned the idea.

Unlike you, my mom decided to bring more than she could carry. We were almost charge for over baggage because she decided to bring some rocks to use as scrubs.

Wahaha i don't really get the rocks for use as a body scrub. I remembering seeing a football sized rock on our bathroom window too lol

Wahaha i don't really get the rocks for use as a body scrub. I remembering seeing a football sized rock on our bathroom window too lol
    Well, the rocks they call pumice stone is for skin exfoliation. I used to believe it was used for removing really hard to get dirt. Hahaha, it was in high school when I later found out that it's actually part of an old habit to keep women's skin smooth.

Oh pumice. I just realized that the rock i was referring to was actually the one that my sister calls as "tawas". Looks like a huge crystal that feels weird to the touch @_@

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.