Join me on training our dogs to do some cool tricks!

Join me on training our dogs to do some cool tricks!

Hi!

Next monday (a week from today) I'll start training my dog Nina (link on signature) to do some cool fun tricks.
    Would like to invite you to start with me training your dogs too.
    Go to the following link to learn how this is going to work and how you can participate:
    http://www.myfunpetlife.com/how-to-t...g-to-do-tricks

Let's have some more fun with our pets!

Hi JFN. That's really nice of you... I've been real lazy these days--actually, my time has been hogged up by a certain immuno-suppressed Shih Tzu.

What's your mode of action? Will you be using a clicker? Or will you settle with good old praise and reward.

Chooey has some tricks training on her belt. I am still working on proper cue and timing so I can perfect what she's learned, I wish you the best of luck. In the mean time, do check out this video.

Amazing Yorkie Puppy: Misa

Hi haopee!

Amazing indeed! If Nina ends up doing a tenth of what Misa does I'll be really proud of her already!

Will try the praise and reward method first and see how that goes.
    I'm not a trainer. I'm just a regular guy that wants to have some fun training my dog
    Thought that would be the case for most of the people out there too.
    So, decided not use the clicker because most of the people won't probably have it.
    But later in the process I might as well go ahead and try it out just to see how it goes. We'll see.
    At the beginning, a few books that I bought will be my only guides.

Glad to know you liked the idea. Hope it works out well for you to watch.
    This weekend I'm going to post the procedure I'll take to teach her the first trick.

Cool to know Chooey knows some already. Was it to hard to train her (or him - sorry, not sure)?
    Really hope your shihtzu is doing well. Take care! Juan

Quote Originally Posted by jfn View Post
    Hi haopee!
    Glad to know you liked the idea. Hope it works out well for you to watch.
    This weekend I'm going to post the procedure I'll take to teach her the first trick.

Cool to know Chooey knows some already. Was it to hard to train her (or him - sorry, not sure)?
    Really hope your shihtzu is doing well. Take care! Juan
    Hi Juan. Sorry for the very very late reply. I am confident Nina will be as amazing as Misa. Misa was thought at a very young age, which is why she has adjusted to a training routine. Chooey started at three months (if I remember correctly). We haven't added much in her tricks book because of the busy schedule here at home.

Clicker training is great when you want to give them a precise cue, or a shorter cue in order to hasten the training process. Good boy/good girl works fine too.

Here's a great clicker training video. It's especially used for complex tricks.

Chooey is fine. Once, she had a broken mandible. It took two months for the bandage to be taken off. The vet says she's a a sturdy little creature. LOL.

How is Nina doing?

Hi Haopee,

I'm really glad to hear Chooey is doing fine. Nina is doing really well too. After last week's training she learned how to sit! I'm really happy with that

I had watched a video of that guy you suggested before. He is really good.

By the way, I did a thank you note for you on my last blog post(link below). Hope you like it.
    http://www.myfunpetlife.com/how-to-t...-to-sit-week-2

Thanks, Juan

Hi Haopee,

I'm really glad to hear Chooey is doing fine. Nina is doing really well too. After last week's training she learned how to sit! I'm really happy with that

I had watched a video of that guy you suggested before. He is really good.

By the way, I did a thank you note for you on my last blog post(link below). Hope you like it.
    http://www.myfunpetlife.com/how-to-t...-to-sit-week-2

Thanks, Juan
    Hey Juan. Thanks. I appreciate the gesture. Did Nina have fun learning the trick? Because that's the most important part of all, for our dogs to have fun in getting mentally stimulated.

Watched your video. Awww, it's even cooler that you're teaching nina's tricks in your local dialect. Great job.

Oh, and if you want to join a blogging community, don't hesitate to message me.

oh yes, totally! She is loving it. She has a lot of energy and is always calling to play around.
    So this was really cool for her. Having fun with her is my main goal. Even more than getting her to learn the trick.
    It's item number 1 on the training kick off post :

Good that you brought the blog community idea as I was thinking on joinning one.
    There are some that I investigated already, but still not sure.
    Do you think it is a good idea? Which community you'd suggest?

thanks Haopee!

Hello Friends !
    How are you ?
    I'm new Here

Welcome Annakevin!

Hi annakevin2015!

I'm doing just fine.
    Welcome to the forum!

oh yes, totally! She is loving it. She has a lot of energy and is always calling to play around.
    So this was really cool for her. Having fun with her is my main goal. Even more than getting her to learn the trick.
    It's item number 1 on the training kick off post :

Good that you brought the blog community idea as I was thinking on joinning one.
    There are some that I investigated already, but still not sure.
    Do you think it is a good idea? Which community you'd suggest?

thanks Haopee!
    Search for PetBlogsUnited via Google. That's Pam and Oskar's blog. They usually feature new pet bloggers on a weekly basis. We started meeting friends there too.

Don't forget to choose a blogging platform before contacting the owner of PBU. Start creating your own blog like GoldFinch.

Hi haopee!

Thanks for the tip! Sorry if I didn't understand, but what do you mean by starting to create my own blog like GoldFinch?
    I do have a blog: http://www.myfunpetlife.com. Do you mean I need to do something different like them?
    I searched for that term in google plus the word "blog" but could not find one.

Thanks!

Oh, my bad. I had assumed since people could tell about their pet, it's more of a dog website.

Might I recommend you add a header that features Nina. Oh, and if you need one, don't hesitate to PM me. My services are free, but let me just warn you that delivery of the header is usually late. Hahaha.

Here's the community's website: http://petblogsunited.blogspot.com/

Hi haopee, You are really awesome! That is so gentle of you.
    I'll let you know if I decide to do that then. Thanks a lot!

Hi haopee, You are really awesome! That is so gentle of you.
    I'll let you know if I decide to do that then. Thanks a lot!
    No prob. It's a learning experience so it's a win-win situation. The good thing about not charging for it is that the customers can't complain-only remark on what would make it better.

Good luck.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.