Are You, or Have You Ever Been Afraid of Dogs...or Know Someone Who Is?

Question Are You, or Have You Ever Been Afraid of Dogs...or Know Someone Who Is?

When I was a young child, I was very afraid of dogs. It didn't matter even if they were small, I would run away crying and very fearful. We never had pets at home, and I was rarely around a dog long enough to get friendly with it.

These people who lived in my apartment building had a very mellow female Boxer named Sandy. They often sat out on the stoop with her in the evenings, and I slowly started to pet her and really like her. She never jumped up on me or scared me at all.

Over time I befriended a couple of other dogs that were nice, and slowly began to lose my fear. I'm still careful about approaching strange dogs in certain situations, but I love dogs now.

How about you, have you ever been afraid of dogs, or know someone who is??

I have never been afraid of dogs. I think it's in the genes, because my family just loves taking care of animals. My sister used to have a monkey. My other sister had a kitten. My dad had rabbits, and my mom is a dog lover.

We've had fearful neighbors and children who seem to be scared of dogs. My aunt who we've always invited in our house wouldn't step into the balcony because she's too scared of our dogs.

How about your husband, Alpha? Did he love dogs?

Yes, my husband has always liked dogs, and was never afraid of them. When I first met him he had a female Doberman, who was just a sweetheart, she ended up dying from cancer as she got older. The nice thing about him, is that he cares for Hans and Loki just as I would, so even when I'm not home I know their in good (and loving) hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Yes, my husband has always liked dogs, and was never afraid of them. When I first met him he had a female Doberman, who was just a sweetheart, she ended up dying from cancer as she got older. The nice thing about him, is that he cares for Hans and Loki just as I would, so even when I'm not home I know their in good (and loving) hands.
    You're one lucky gal, Alpha. Hahaha. You think you would've seen him differently if his dog was a smaller breed?

What is it with men and big breeds anyway?

I want my husband to be as loving as caring as yours.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.