Run Free, Buchi

Run Free, Buchi

Honestly, I'm not sure why I feel a whole lot better now. A part of me feels guilty for not grieving as much as when I lost Whitey and Shark.

Buchi was the dog that kept me busy with his ailments. He was the dog that inspired me to put up my first dog blog. He was the dog who I brought to the vet twice a month for Ivermectin shots. He was the dog who made me spend countless hours researching on skin ailments that might possibly be causing his immuno-compromised cyclic condition. He was the dog I've never abandoned, albeit the sickeningly foul smell of his skin and the endless lesions and breakouts. He was the dog that had me spending constant care giving hours to meet his needs.

Now that I think of it, maybe I'm glad he's no longer in pain. Maybe I'm glad that he doesn't have to deal with the endless battle with bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections that seem to stick to him like glue. Maybe I am happy that he doesn't have to live a life of misery. Maybe I am happy that even when his life was a short five years, I have spent this year by his side.

So yeah, Buchi. I hate to see you go, but I am glad your misery has stopped. I'm glad that you won't have to deal with those bi-monthly shots and those awful skin lesions that don't know when to heal. But most of all, I'm glad that I was with you the night--the week--the month--the year--you decided to say goodbye.

Run free, my sickly little Shih tzu. You deserve a life without itchies and oily skin across the rainbow bridge.

I am sorry you lost your dog but like you said he life was a constant round of vets, meds and not feeling well. Sometimes we have to put our own feelings aside and so whats best. Hard as it is we know we've done the right thing by ending their misery and suffering.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I'm very sorry Haopee, little Buchi is finally at peace and pain free. You did so much for him, he knows very well that you loved him dearly and he'll always be in your heart. My condolences...hugs.

Poor little Buchi. What a miserable life he must have had with his health problems. But he was lucky that the stars crossed his path with you. For it all, he was blessed to have known the beauty of human love and kindness.
    Now, he is happily running and playing, pain free!, with Whitey and Shark on the Other Side ....

I add my deepest condolences. I know how much you loved Buchi. You are so right when you wrote above, "Now that I think of it, maybe I'm glad he's no longer in pain. Maybe I'm glad that he doesn't have to deal with the endless battle with bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections that seem to stick to him like glue. Maybe I am happy that he doesn't have to live a life of misery. Maybe I am happy that even when his life was a short five years, I have spent this year by his side."

It is best to think positively. Be glad for him! He is out of pain, happy, and in the company of his friends. You and he shared a lot of love, and that gave you both so much. That will never pass away.

You will meet again in due course; you know that already. Many blessings to you and dear Buchi!
    Last edited by LPC; 10-15-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    I am sorry you lost your dog but like you said he life was a constant round of vets, meds and not feeling well. Sometimes we have to put our own feelings aside and so whats best. Hard as it is we know we've done the right thing by ending their misery and suffering.
    Thank you for kind words Linda. It has been hard for our family. It's just a really bad week for me too. To be frank, I wasn't the one who ended it for him. He just decided it for himself. We were due for a vet visit the next day, but apparently, he said to himself, "enough was enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I'm very sorry Haopee, little Buchi is finally at peace and pain free. You did so much for him, he knows very well that you loved him dearly and he'll always be in your heart. My condolences...hugs.
    Thank you, Alpha. I wrote him a post in the blog, and my sister told me that she's read it a number of times and it still makes her cry.

Sadly, one of our oldest dogs has also crossed the rainbow bridge yesterday. This week has definitely been one of our most stressful ones.

It's good to have friends in forums. The support and love has been overflowing and we are truly thankful for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightofalbion View Post
    Poor little Buchi. What a miserable life he must have had with his health problems. But he was lucky that the stars crossed his path with you. For it all, he was blessed to have known the beauty of human love and kindness.
    Now, he is happily running and playing, pain free!, with Whitey and Shark on the Other Side ....
    Thank you, knight. I appreciate the words of comfort. It's has helped me cry less at nights when I am alone.

Every time I go to the kitchen, I stare at the empty chair he used to occupy. I guess the effects of his loss is now obvious than the very first day.

Quote Originally Posted by LPC View Post
    I add my deepest condolences. I know how much you loved Buchi. You are so right when you wrote above, "Now that I think of it, maybe I'm glad he's no longer in pain. Maybe I'm glad that he doesn't have to deal with the endless battle with bacterial, parasitic, and fungal infections that seem to stick to him like glue. Maybe I am happy that he doesn't have to live a life of misery. Maybe I am happy that even when his life was a short five years, I have spent this year by his side."

It is best to think positively. Be glad for him! He is out of pain, happy, and in the company of his friends. You and he shared a lot of love, and that gave you both so much. That will never pass away.

You will meet again in due course; you know that already. Many blessings to you and dear Buchi!
    Thanks, Peter. These days have been a real roller coaster for us. And what's worst is one of our dogs have also passed away. He was really old. He was my mom's dog.

Buchi won't have to wince in pain. He wouldn't have to have brittle skin. The vets won't have to give him shots. And he wouldn't have to consume any meds anymore. It's a win-win.

I just hope he's not fighting with Whitey across the bridge. He was never a smart dog when it came to acknowledging his size.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.