Keeshond

Talking Keeshond

The Keeshond is a medium sized dog with an arctic origin. They have a magnificient coat of thick stiff hair, and an ample undercoat. Their medium length tail rolls up on the back. Color is a mixture of grey and black.

This breed is lively, intelligent, lovable and always alert. They are good swimmers, and for years they had various jobs on Dutch boats. Today they are good companion and watchdogs. Photos courtesy of akc.org. http://www.akc.org/breeds/keeshond/

lg_keeshond4.jpglg_keeshond3.jpglg_keeshond8.jpg

Years ago, I had a neighbor with a pair of these dogs, they were beautiful, friendly and very well-behaved.

I grew up with one, Cidney. He was a great dog and lived a very long life. My parents got him for a $25.00 from a local pet store. He was supposedly my brother's dog, but slept with my mom and dad. I had read that they protect their families, which is very true. He never attacked or bit anyone, but he made it very clear that we were his. They are very easy to care for. That thick coat of theirs brushes out easy.

The Keeshond has a lovely face,and I bet they would keep you lovely and warm at night.

Very nice dogs!

Nice photos of the puppys

Keeshonds are very nice fluffy dogs! I would like to have one, but it would be hard to
    take care of one.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.