Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My first post - an intro!

My first post - an intro!

Hi, my name is Rita and I have 2 cats and 1 dog. I am a cat person, but took on the dog due to my daughter's boyfriend finding him too needy as a puppy. Cooper is a Chihuahua cross- 50% chi, 25% yorkie and 25% bichon. a real cutie!

Coop posing 2.jpg

Here is Cooper, posing. I have joined so I can look for some help in doing training with this guy. He is so treat/food motivated he focuses on whatever is in my hand and runs thru most of his tricks in a hurry!

Welcome to the forum, I also have both, two cats and one dog. A german shepherd, a siamese and a bengal
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi Rita, welcome to the forum! I'm a cat lover too, but I just have one Manx and a Standard Schnauzer. Cooper is a cutie, seems like he'd be easy to train!

A very warm welcome to the forum, dear Rita.

thanks linda, Cooper gets crazed when I bring the clicker and food treats out. LOL I was thinking I would like a Bengal at some point, but am not sure. right now my male cat would not be happy over any more pets joining his house!

I love my bengals but they are not your average house cat. Kind of bratty, active and get into things. After I lost my old bengal my daughter bought me this one for Mother's Day. My siamese is older so to introduce them I put the bengal is a large crate to let the dog and the siamese get used to him. Once the growling and hissing was done I let him out during the day and watched them, at night he slept in his bed in the crate, this went on for about a week then he no longer had to be crated. They all get along just fine. The dog was never a problem, she is good with other animals and especially loves cats. My siamese is dominant but the bengal has settled in and he pretty much rules over everyone now.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I just am not able to deal with a Bengal type cat at this moment. I love their looks.

I have to admit he is a bit of a brat. I have to hid the toilet paper because he grabs a roll and destroys it. Now I hide it under towels but he roots around until he finds it so I have to keep the bathroom door closed. But I wouldn't trade him for any other breed in the world

Hey rita welcome aboard!

Alpha, you got that right, nothing is more fun than shredding toilet paper

Came home from shopping, he had found a full package of toilet paper, amused himself by destroying the whole package. Bag bengal boy!

ack!!!! LOL

Hiya! Nice to meet you! I have two dogs (German Shepard mix and pit bull mix) and two cats. I also am a cat person although my Shepard mix is a total babe Your guys dog is adorable btw!

Hi Rita. It's always great to have a dog who's food driven. It's a lot easier to teach them tricks.

I see that Cooper already knows beg. What other tricks is he capable of doing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.