Trantualas

Trantualas

Have you ever noticed that your spider has a personality? Have you ever wondered if some things it does is normal for all of them or just its unique traits? Well this is the place to talk about that and see if anyone knows the answer to your questions or to just share your stories of your oh-so-intresting little spiders! :-)

I have a goldenknee named Abby. She is about 4 years old and she is my pride and joy. I got her from a friend who told me Trantualas like shiny things. I've noticed that. But I have also noticed she likes light. Like my camera flash. Or the light when I record her on my camera. Or the little light up pumpkin I have in her cage. She loves it. Follows light. Stares at it for hours. Is that all Trantualas or just her? That's just one thing she does that's cute. She's completely attached to me. Comes to me and never wants down. Let's me pet her like she never let her last owner do. I love the bond. I just wonder if it is normal for t's(Trantualas) to like light like that or if that's just her.
    It's fun and cute things like that that i made this forum for. To talk about cute stories like that and ask and answer queations. Enjoy!!

Since most animals operate via their survival instincts, some tarantulas have grown accustomed to indoor conditions that they are now comfortable with whatever we throw at them. I've kept known aggressive species like OBTs and Cobalt blues that have somehow calmed down compared to others of the same species belonging to different owners.
    My eight-year old curly-hair is just boring nowadays which is understandable coz it is in a 2-year long premolt phase so she barely moves an inch lol

That's really interesting Lol. Two years to premolt? Wow what a wait! Getting a rosehair soon. Excited to see what it will be like. I'll get it as a baby so I'll see the progression in personality as it grows. Is it normal for t's to web as they walk across things like your hand or bed? Hmmm...? Lol

Old spiders can take quite a while to be in pre-molt phase. Most of my adult females take over a year before another molt. And yes, it's normal for them. Though useless as a harness due to their weight, their instinct has imprinted in their DNA to spin webs. It may also be a way for them to feel around and feel secure

That's cool! Just got a rose hair. Almost sure it's a girl. Loves to be up high and is very curious. My fience who used to be terrified of them now can't get enough of them and got a rose hair as well. Completely sure its a girl. Also curious and active and loves the vine we have in the cage. All that is probably normal Lol. So fun to watch them.

This is some interesting insight, having never had one for a pet, I assumed there wasn't much to them.

I've had friends who had them but they never really went into much detail aside from telling me they were not concerned about it being a safety risk.

A lot of people think that they r "JUST" spiders. There is no such thing. They have personalities and traits just like any other pet. I have turtles too and they are the same way. A little less but still have their own unique personality. They all seem "just" unless u actually watch them and pay attention. It is a real eye opener and very fun and interesting. Should try it some time lol. My friend just decided to get one cuz she got intreaged by learning and experiencing them from me Lol
    Last edited by AbbyGold; 02-17-2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typo

I like to buy 3 or 5 spiderlings from the same egg sac so I can observe differences in their behaviour. It is fascinating to see. I have 4 tiny g pulchripes who all appear from their borrows when I take the lids off to feed them and their breeder said that their father always did that too. I have 7 a geniculata and they are all greedy but a couple of them are a bit more skittish than the others and a few of them are growing a lot faster than the others.

I have a rosehair named Venom not sexed professionally but I do believe it's a male?, anyway venom is the cutest thing he's my buddy he has this fascination with the fake Venus fly trap he loves sitting near it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.