family pets end up in abusers hands via craigslist

family pets end up in abusers hands via craigslist

https://www.change.org/p/justice-for...m_medium=email
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

This is so horrifically sad. I think the online sale/transfer of animals has to stop as it cannot be properly monitored.

It is hard enough to find an animal a new home under the best of circumstances. Sometimes even animals taken to rescues and re-homed, are brought back when the 'rescuer's' circumstances change, or if they are not lovingly committed. But at least people who work at a Rescue do their very best to make thorough checks. It is not as easy as some think, to adopt an animal from a Rescue. 'Just anyone' on a whim will find it harder than they think -and quite right too. I have even heard of people who have resented the relentless checks and questions....(by reputable and caring Rescues, anyway.)
    However -I approve of such stringent methods.

But on venues like Craigslist -and others, anyone could claim to be what they are not. Handing over a family pet to just anyone via a website is too dangerous.

I think animal sales and transfers should be banned outright. Except in the cases of licensed breeders.

What a shame.

Can't believe they still haven't bowed to public pressure. Though a responsible organisation would have acted immediately a problem was flagged without any petition.

I was turned down by german shepherd rescue because I had no fenced in yard. No animal would have a better home with me but even though I had vet references and personal references I was still turned down because my yard isn't fenced in. I wanted to give a dog a second chance at a home but instead I wound up going to a breeder and getting a puppy
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.