In desperate need of a temporary home for my cat.

In desperate need of a temporary home for my cat.

Due to me being the process of moving i need to find a temporary home for my cat (1-3months) i dont want to lose my best friend forever, especially when i can have him again soon. My ex had promised he would take him in and backed out last minute and now i am desperate. Im trying to keep giving him up to a shelter as a truly last resort please if anyone could help please please let me know. I live in NYC

-Melissa
    Last edited by Mrdacosta; 03-15-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Title & wanted to add picture

Do you have a place called Second Chance in your area? You should check into them. Many fosters will take him until you are ready to bring him home. Try area no kill shelters. Your Vet may know of some good places

If money were no object, then of course, a good cattery would keep him boarded until you are settled, and you may even be able to visit him too.
    Now sometimes Rescues and no-kill shelters do pet boarding as a way of making extra income, and often at a lower charge than some places. My local animal rescue does (however, I'm not in NYC, instead in the UK) But something like that might be possible...

Otherwise a temporary foster home would be a good solution. Asking your vet would be one place to start. Or is there a 'Cats Protection' organisation (or similar) in NYC? Someone you could speak to for advice?

You can give him up for adoption until you get back. There are numerous pet adoption homes in NYC. So, finding one should not be a big issue.

Try staying a pet friendly hotel Best Westerns are pet Friendly. Just keep a not on your door that your cat is in there. So they don't let him out. Keep him in a large pet carrier so he can move around till you come home for the evening

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.