Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

one dangerous breed

forget about pits for the moment. A certain breed gets popular, then all the back yard breeders and people only out to make a buck will breed antyhing with a pulse to get pups to sell. They don't care about health issues or genetics they just want to make money off the puppies. By not doing selective breeding you get unstable dogs, dogs with bad temprerments, health issues ect. AKC does not do the dogs any favors by naming certain breeds as most desirable and popular. Movies like 101 dalmations made them popular and the result was bad breeding made deaf dogs, also dalmations can be aggressive. When rin tin tin was popular then everyone wanted a german shepherd. Lady and the tramp made people want cocker spaniels ect. Certain people want to go with the popular trend and as usual its the dogs that suffer
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

this article pretty much agrees with what I said

http://www.petguide.com/blog/dog/new...ds-popularity/
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

You are right Linda I have always said that. Any breed can be aggressive depending on the owners. And breeding dogs to gain is absolutely wrong indeed. There is a lot of in-breeding going on today too which is disgusting to me , all for a buck. People who breed legitimately should screen the potential buyers extremely well. I would, if I loose sales then I loose sales. The dogs are the main concern. When we were young and our dogs would accidently get out and get "caught" that was something totally different than today. They are making "fashion dogs" ..disgusting regardless of what the out come is. Those people have their heads up their behinds so far they can't see daylight.
    I also wish there would be a better way to find the puppy mills. I have reported on pet store here and others did too and all she does is move from one place to another. Why don't they shut her down permanently? I don't get it. She has parrots that she hides behind curtains, and she leaves the meds in plain sight for the puppies and the rest of the animals in there. Oh cats oh my goodness you cannot even walk in there without holding your breath. It is horrible beyond belief. It gets in your clothes and when you can , rather have to take a breath once the cat pee is in your nose you can't get rid of it. I have come home and tried washing the inside of my nose ! This woman needs shut down period. I only noticed that she don't sell the pot belly pigs anymore , use to be if it had wings and 4 legs and fins she had it.
    Last edited by lovemylittleboy; 03-28-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Absolutely wonderful Linda. Every person who automatically puts Pit Bulls in the negative realm should examine themselves first

some people are just smarter than others, judging a dog for its breed is like judging a person because of color. Doesn't take much intelligence to be prejudiced.

right. But most people aren't as smart as animals. lol

not as smart as they think they are anyway. Animals know a lot more than people give them credit for

You betcha!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.