Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

what are the pros and cons of getting a pure breed?

That kennel is here in NH, more north than I am so I've never seen them
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

wow! He may grow bigger than that? Amazing fact that they are actually known as nanny dogs that can be trusted with children. It is cute watching the kid ride on it's back but the size whoa!

Well people really need to get their pets spayed and neutered. When someone buys a pet they should be fixed as a condition of the purchase, unless of course it is bought for Breeding and a pet . It is the only way the population will decrease ......I believe in No Kill Shelters My friend owns one and has a lot of Pits herself. But they still get excellent care , but I know they need a forever home. My husband said if he hits the lottery he would get a very large piece of land and have a shelter / sanctuary.

AMEN

I agree with you Linda. And I always choose to rescue an animal. Well purchase them from a rescue/shelter. They have them for all breeds pure and mixed. Depends on what you want. They all need love and a forever home to become a companion and best friend to someone

Hulk is quite a Huge dog. And he will grow bigger than that? Interesting to know that they are good nannies but i still would take caution especially when there are new people around the house.

Hulk is a baby in a giant body. I wouldn't be afraid to have one. I would just caution people if he were being trained for security (I can't think of the word I want to use.... another senior moment.) Lol

I see a lot of pure breds and mutts with serious health problems, I don't think it matters what breed it is.

You are right . But it is always best to look at the breeds mix to see what each parent is prone to get. Like Beagles are prone to cancer....etc
    then at least you could have a good idea what the chances are for the pure bred and the mix breeds. Levi was Beagle /Russell mix. And beagles are prone to stinking no good cancer....I didn't know that till he got sick. Non the less I am so thankful for the time the Lord gave him to me.

Wow! That dog is huge and still isn't fully grown? It looks cute carrying a child on it's back. But i am still not sure i would trust it completely

Quote Originally Posted by Lorry View Post
    Wow! That dog is huge and still isn't fully grown? It looks cute carrying a child on it's back. But i am still not sure i would trust it completely
    I would trust him ...he is just an over grown baby!
    Linda 2147 what did you call the name of his breed again? I can't remember at all. But I did look at the link you sent and you can see the Mastiff in them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.