Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would You Ever Have Your Beloved Pet Stuffed After They Passed On?

Question Would You Ever Have Your Beloved Pet Stuffed After They Passed On?

I wouldn't! They were just talking about this on the radio, and I've heard of it before. Some people who love their pets so much, do not want them to go after they die. So they have them stuffed and place them somewhere in the house where they used to hang out or rest.

I personally am not into having anything stuffed, like hunters who stuff their deer heads and hang them on the wall, etc. I think it's a bit "out there".

What do you think? Would you ever stuff one of your pets after they died?

I would not do it, to me it would be a constant reminder of him/her being gone. We think about them enough without seeing their dead body everytime we look at it.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I know, besides being creepy, to me it would be very depressing.

NO!!! I'm not a fan of taxidermy. I don't want to see my pets displayed like decorations. It would be a constant reminder of their death. I would rather have memories of them, in my memory they live and breathe.

Certainly not, that to me would be as morbid as having a family member stuffed after they died. I don't love my animals because I love looking at them, it's the essence of themselves I love, them as individuals. When they pass on they are no longer there, all that's left is a shell which is not them. I'd prefer to hold on to the memories then to hold on to the corps.

Nope, not me.
    I do a podcast about pets with my sister called: FurBalls & DogBones - A great resource for all things pets!
    Help all the pets you can!

This is not for me either.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I find the idea bizarre and unnecessary. Once a beloved pet had left its physical body, it is an empty shell - a bit like a snake shedding its skin. I would never consider such a spooky idea.

I don't think so. The idea creeps me out. No offense to those who would like to do this though, I would rather have her ashes in a jar displayed in my room than that.

Has anyone heard of freezing a body so that all organs, tissues, etc. are intact, but otherwise it is a furry statue? That is what biology and veterinary students see when they dissect animals in classes. Of course the pets need to be deodorized or the whole room would stink. I don't know why people think it is a good idea to see carcasses of animals they loved the rest of their lives because they always regret the decision.

There is another option that would not creep you out: have a life-size statue made of your pet. There is no fur or dead tissue, just solid stone, but otherwise it looks exactly like your deceased pet. Would you get one?
    Rescued is my favorite breed. Don't shop, adopt!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrymaydc View Post
    I don't think so. The idea creeps me out. No offense to those who would like to do this though, I would rather have her ashes in a jar displayed in my room than that.
    I would not want a jar of ashes either. An urn should be a beautful thing with the pet's name and an epitaph. I have seen many urn styles - photo gallery boxes, cat statues, decorative vases, etc. To me just an ordinary, plain container won't do it.

No, I would never do that. You're right, that will just remind me of my pet and it would really be sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel3 View Post
    No, I would never do that. You're right, that will just remind me of my pet and it would really be sad.
    We want to remember our cats when they were happy and healthy. A stuffed cat would remind me of what I want to forget: gray fur, weight loss, deydration, etc. Memorial plaques with photograph inserts are something else. They remind me of cats being healthy, comfortable, and happy almost every day.

Not the same like before

Quote Originally Posted by CatMom1994 View Post
    We want to remember our cats when they were happy and healthy. A stuffed cat would remind me of what I want to forget: gray fur, weight loss, deydration, etc. Memorial plaques with photograph inserts are something else. They remind me of cats being healthy, comfortable, and happy almost every day.
    True!! I would be even sadder (if it's possible) to see my cat stuffed after they die. I understand that there are some people who do that but I don't think I can live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel3 View Post
    True!! I would be even sadder (if it's possible) to see my cat stuffed after they die. I understand that there are some people who do that but I don't think I can live with that.
    Maybe if the cat was healthy and just died of old age instead of injury or disease, the carcass would not look bad to untrained eyes. But the fur is not silky soft anymore, so you can tell by petting it the kitty is dead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.