woman confronts owner about leaving his dogs in hot car

woman confronts owner about leaving his dogs in hot car

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2015...-car/29504697/

PHOENIX (KPNX) -- There was a confrontation in downtown Phoenix Monday between a man who left his two dogs in a car and the woman who took it upon herself to get them out."It's boiling hot! Do you know what it's like sitting in a car at 140 degrees? What's wrong with you?" Susan screamed at a man. She had some harsh words for him.

"Are you seriously that big of an idiot?" she said. "You don't deserve these dogs."
    It began around 2 p.m. Witnesses apparently noticed two dogs in the back seat of a Camry parked on Adams Street near 1st Avenue. Police were called before someone decided to call our newsroom.

When the 12 News crews arrived, the scene was what witnesses had reported. There were two dogs in the back seat of a car. The windows were tinted and cracked and there appeared to be a bowl of water in the back in addition to a gallon on water in the passenger seat.

But it was about 3 p.m. when a woman named Susan, who did not want to give her last name, decided it had been too long.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

That jerk shouldn't have left those dogs in there for an hour, water or not. If she didn't step in, who knows how long they would have baked in there! Kudos to Susan for evaluating the situation, making sure the owner wasn't just gone for 10 minutes, and taking action in an hour, when it was obviously abuse. I feel so sorry for some people's dogs.

Thank goodness that woman helped them. That owner was shouldn't be responsible for any living things! The water he left for the dogs was a joke, and he's a true moron (& I'm being too kind!)
    “Save a life and save a stray”

he left them a bottle of water? Who was going to pour it in the bowl????
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I know...people like him really tick me off!!

As an afterthought...I just hope he doesn't take his anger out on these poor dogs.

He said there was a bowl of water in the seat between in the back, the bottle was extra to fill it. Still, not enough, leave the poor dogs at home....especially in Arizona!!

Judas priest in Arizona to boot. I agree with all you guys. When will people learn to leave their dogs at home on hot days. Too many are STUCK ON STUPID!!!

He needs put in a hot car too so he knows what he did to his dogs!! I wouldn't hesitate to try and get the dogs out after calling authorities first. Or if it was really bad I would call authorities last!!

It doesn't take long for temperatures to soar in a car. People really should know better.

In 107 degree heat (outside) a bowl of water and part-open windows are not going to stop those dogs getting seriously overheated or even being killed. I can hardly believe people are still doing this!!
    Dogs die in hot cars at much lower outside temperatures than that.

I can just imagine how nervous Susan must have been to have to wait that time so she had a case for getting the dogs out.
    Let's all hope her fine example of how to treat dogs doesn't make this particular man determined to do it again just to prove himself right!

Good for her. We should all be ready to do things like this.

I once had to go into a store and get an urgent message put out on the tannoy to the owner of 'vehicle (& reg. number)' because a dog had been left in a car in a heatwave. I waited for the car owner to come out and she did in a few minutes wondering what was up. When I told her she could not understand what I was fussing about, and said she "had only been five minutes in the store for goodness sake!"
    I kept very calm with her but told her the dangers, and my mini-speech was not appreciated. She basically hated my guts. But I waited until she had gone to the car and driven away.

I always walk around car parking areas in hot weather, when I am in town, just give myself an extra 10 minutes to do that. I don't care what people think.

But the best thing is to call the police immediately.

Thanks for sharing your experience Tobi and you did the right thing. Plus good idea to keep an eye on parked cars in hot weather that might have animals trapped inside. It's too bad that some people just don't realize the danger of a hot car.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    In 107 degree heat (outside) a bowl of water and part-open windows are not going to stop those dogs getting seriously overheated or even being killed. I can hardly believe people are still doing this!!
    Dogs die in hot cars at much lower outside temperatures than that.

I can just imagine how nervous Susan must have been to have to wait that time so she had a case for getting the dogs out.
    Let's all hope her fine example of how to treat dogs doesn't make this particular man determined to do it again just to prove himself right!

Good for her. We should all be ready to do things like this.

I once had to go into a store and get an urgent message put out on the tannoy to the owner of 'vehicle (& reg. number)' because a dog had been left in a car in a heatwave. I waited for the car owner to come out and she did in a few minutes wondering what was up. When I told her she could not understand what I was fussing about, and said she "had only been five minutes in the store for goodness sake!"
    I kept very calm with her but told her the dangers, and my mini-speech was not appreciated. She basically hated my guts. But I waited until she had gone to the car and driven away.

I always walk around car parking areas in hot weather, when I am in town, just give myself an extra 10 minutes to do that. I don't care what people think.

But the best thing is to call the police immediately.
    Very good Tobi and you did right! So many people stuck on STUPID is pathetic!!! I do look around too. Because I learned my lesson when I was young and quite VERY DUMB!!! This is a confession, and I hope you all forgive me, I never told anyone and now I am confessing to you all. I had my mom's cat in the car once and it wasn't even a real hot day but he was afraid anyway, and I ran in somewhere and I
    came out he was full of sweat and panic. I was horrified and I cried and I felt sooooooooooooooooo bad!!!!!!! After that I NEVER TAKE AN ANIMAL IN THE CAR ON A HOT DAY . ONLY IF I AM NOT GETTING OUT OF THE CAR AND AIR IS ON. He was ok thank God!!!!! I cooled him down and went home. I wasn't gone too long either. If my mom would have known that she would have killed me and rightly so! And this is why I always look in parking lots too Tobi. I still feel horrible to this day. And smoke was very happy to get home to my mom.
    I would call authorities and tell I am gonna break the glass! If they say it is ok.... but may I wouldn't wait ...cause I KNOW THE SERIOUSNESS of this thoughtless deed.
    There was a Police Dog Handler that did thiss not too long ago here in Ohio and there was absolutely NO EXCUSE for him!!! The dog died...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He got punished by the court system but nit nearly enough!!!! I still think of that too. They should have put him in the car with no A/C on for 4 hours! He said he thought he had the air on. Yeah right! He never be allowed to have a dog again in any situation. I think they did take him out of the k9 department..but still ..............not enough punishement

I give you credit for admitting you made a mistake Lovemylittleboy. It's not easy...but you learned from it and you "owned it."

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I give you credit for admitting you made a mistake Lovemylittleboy. It's not easy...but you learned from it and you "owned it."
    Yes I do own it and to this day I still feel horrible. And I will never ever do it again as long as I live! That is why I agree with Tobi...walk that parking lot ! Or if I hear a dog barking or whining I will check it out! Thank You Esme

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.