Redon - A Beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has Passed On

Unhappy Redon - A Beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel has Passed On

Just received some bad news from my nephew, that his beloved dog Redon passed at the age of 8 1/2 years old. He was healthy and full of vitality Wednesday on his walk, but died in his sleep during the night. The doctor said he died of a heart attack.

My nephew got Redon as a young puppy, they were very close and the dog was very sweet. This is a picture of him chewing on a bone I sent him by mail when he was a pup. I never got to meet Redon in person, because we live in different states. Rest peacefully dear Redon, you will always be missed and loved.

romie redonMulchB_0066_066.jpg

Oh Alpha I so very sorry for your loss. Redon looked like such a beautiful baby. That seems young but it doesn't sound like he suffered and dying at home in your sleep is the most peaceful way to go in my opinion. Still it's tough to deal with and understand when one minute they're here and the next they're gone. Life is unfair. Once again please accept my heartfelt sympathy.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Esme. I just received the email from my nephew this morning, and I sent him my condolences. It's so hard when we lose our furbabies.

Yes our hearts break. Even when I try to remember the good times it makes me cry knowing that they're gone. Did your nephew have any other dogs?

I'm sorry for your nephew's loss. Its always hard to loose them but especially hard when they seemed healthy one minute and gone the next. If they are sick its to be expected but no one plans on loosing one that appear fine,
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I add my condolences. Still, as Esme said above, departing quickly during the night is preferable (to a lingering illness, especially if painful). Of course it will be a shock to your nephew, as the passing was unexpected, but they will meet up later.

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    Yes our hearts break. Even when I try to remember the good times it makes me cry knowing that they're gone. Did your nephew have any other dogs?
    Thank you all for your kind words. I agree Esme, I often tear up when thinking of my furbabies who have passed on. Redon was his first dog, and they had a very close bond. He also has a Whippet girl named Chroma (that's not him in the photo, and the cat is not his), and then he loved the Cavalier so much, that he got a puppy named Alex. So thankfully, he still has two dogs to comfort him.

It's good that he has 2 other dogs to help during this terrible time....they will miss Redon as well I'm sure.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.