Lost Your Dog - What To Do

Exclamation Lost Your Dog - What To Do

I always have an ID tag on the collars of both my dog and cat. Providing they don't lose their collars while missing, it's an easy way for people to see the pet's name, my last name, my address and my phone number. The last tag I bought was for my kitten, it's stainless steel, nice and small. On front it has his name, my last name and my phone number, on back is my full address including state and zip code. I used Boomerang Tags, and the price was $11.20 total.

Here's a page with some tips on what you can do if your dog goes missing...http://www.cesarsway.com/training/le...g-Goes-Missing

Thanks for the tips Alpha.

I lost one of my dogs many years ago and it was a horrific experience. I thought I was never going to see my little bugger ever again. Fortunately, someone recognized him from one of our signs and he was home a few weeks later. He was found a few miles away.

Exclamation Most Lost Pets Found Close To Home

Most lost pets are found close to home, here's some info and tips...http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites...lost-pets.aspx

Wish lost pets were as easy to find here in Thailand! If your dog goes missing, there is not much chance of finding him unless you can offer a nice reward. There are people who would surely give back for free if they found it, but there are people who would sell the dog on for more profit, or sell it to laos to eat... (no joke)

Then there is also the stray dogs in packs every where, these dogs are not the nicest and will attack your lost dog with no problem

Our dog Daisy is microchipped but did not have a dog tag. Today when we found the two labs and we were able to call the owners about them it made me realize that I need to get on it and get dog tags for Daisy. I went online and bought a cute pink metal tag. For the tag and shipping and handling it only cost $5.45. That is nothing compared with the heartache of losing your pet and having someone not be able to contact you unless they check the microchip.

I have never had my pets microchipped, as there may be some cancer related problems with the chips. There may not be a problem regarding cancer, but I chose to just go with the ID tags on the collar. I would return a lost pet with no reward, but I can understand that people will try to profit from the find of a lost pet, especially a pure-bred.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.