Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Our New Puppy

Smile Our New Puppy

We bought a puppy, and he's been home with us a little over a week now. We named him Bigfoot, here he is in our backyard. Loki is still a bit wary around him, but he gets a bit closer every day, so things are mellow and going well.

DSCN0772.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Beautiful furry baby!!!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Thanks Esme! We took him in to the vet yesterday and he said it's a good thing he has big feet, he'll need them to fit in Hans' shoes, as Hans was such a good boy. You know the tears started to fill my eyes, it was in the same room where we put Hans to sleep that day.

I'm so glad for you Jean, you will grow to love him as much as you loved Hans but in a different way. That little face, he is so cute. I could just squeeze him. Loki will adjust, they are more adaptable than we give them credit for. I'm really happy for you, I know how hard a time you had over loosing Hans. There will be tears, but thats only natural, when he does something that reminds you of Hans the tears will come. But this little guy will make his way into your heart in no time. Keep the pictures coming so we can share his growing up with you.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda. He's so much like Hans already, super happy and full of pi$$ and vinegar, that's for sure!

then you know he's healthy, something wrong if a puppy just lays around. I think the breeds pretty must stay true to type, Orri is so much like my other bengal its scary. And shepherds are pretty predictable, with the exception of my rescue, she was not a typical shepherd, she was afraid of everything, not a good quality for a shepherd but made allowances for her because she had been so badly abused. Is this a standard or giant, to big to be a mini, just wondering
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

He's supposed to be no more than 38 lbs. as an adult, they range 25 to 38. He's an Australian Labradoodle, medium sized dog. I definitely didn't want a dog that was too big, that I couldn't lift or carry if needed. Hans was a big Standard Schnauzer, high 60s in weight, hard towards the end to help him into the jeep for our walks in the park...probably should have bought for him (and for me) that ramp a few years earlier. Never used it, but it's there if I need it in the future.

What a cutiepoo!

Thanks Nightowl!

Bigfoot is really adorable & such a good pose!! I wish you all the best and Loki will be glad to have a friend

Thanks Esme!

he's a little doll. Might be a good idea to teach him to use the ramp. Wouldn't put as much stress on his legs when he jumps out of the camper.

Love his shading!

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    he's a little doll. Might be a good idea to teach him to use the ramp. Wouldn't put as much stress on his legs when he jumps out of the camper.
    Thanks Linda, I think he'll be okay, he'll be a lot bigger the next time we take him with us in June, and we have the three steps for him. Of course if he needs an assist anywhere, like getting out of the cab, we'll be there to help him. But we'll definitely use the ramp if we really need to, prefer not to take it though, there's not much room for anything in the camper and it's kinda heavy.

IMGP2405 (1500x1122).jpg

This is a nice photo of Hans and Loki. The steps should be easy for Bigfoot and Loki will show him the way.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.