Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Our New Puppy

That's true Esme!

Awe what a sweet memory of Hans

Well congrats to you and hubby Alpha. When did you get your new baby? He sure is a real cutie!!!! His name is Big Foot? I am glad you guys could get another. How does Loki like him? Bet he sets the rules lol lol He looks so soft.
    Last edited by lovemylittleboy; 10-03-2015 at 05:01 PM. Reason: add to statement

Thank you Lovemylittleboy! We've had him two weeks now, yes my hubby wanted to name him Bigfoot and I thought it was cute, especially since his paws are kinda big looking. Loki's still a little bit cautious around him, but I think he likes him and realizes that he's here because Hans has been gone for so long.

They haven't been too close together, but they've been in the yard together and in the same room together. The dog is mellow, he hasn't chased or barked/growled at Loki, he's respecting his boundaries. Loki has given some warning growls and hisses, but very normal, nothing intense at all. I'm hoping they can have a good relationship together like he had with Hans....I think it will happen for sure in time.

He is super soft, Loki is too for a cat. A big difference from having wiry haired schnauzers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    Thank you Lovemylittleboy! We've had him two weeks now, yes my hubby wanted to name him Bigfoot and I thought it was cute, especially since his paws are kinda big looking. Loki's still a little bit cautious around him, but I think he likes him and realizes that he's here because Hans has been gone for so long.

They haven't been too close together, but they've been in the yard together and in the same room together. The dog is mellow, he hasn't chased or barked/growled at Loki, he's respecting his boundaries. Loki has given some warning growls and hisses, but very normal, nothing intense at all. I'm hoping they can have a good relationship together like he had with Hans....I think it will happen for sure in time.

He is super soft, Loki is too for a cat. A big difference from having wiry haired schnauzers.
    Well Bigfoot is a good name , just because of the big feet and long legs. I am sure Loki will accept him in time. He surely must still miss Hans though. But now that Bigfoot is there he will be having his attention on him. It is good for all of you! ( I wish I could Alpha get another , I really just can't, not yet. My husband really does though, if I can hold him off till next spring I might be better)

I completely understand your not getting another dog until you're absolutely ready. I think when you are, either you should pick out the dog alone, or you should do it together. I'd hate to see your husband just bring one home that you haven't seen yet or connected with.

Loki and Bigfoot were really close in the yard earlier, both were being so good, the pup just laid down and wagged his tail when he was unsure. I was baby talking the pup on my lap on the kitchen floor, and Loki came over right next to us. As soon as I let the dog on the floor, Loki hissed a warning, and the pup jumped back a bit. I assured Loki that he was just like Hans, and I swear when I said Hans' name, Loki looked me in the eye very knowingly. I think they'll be good buddies in time.

Big foot is beautiful Alpha1,and has certainly gone to a loving home,I am sure he and Loki will get on well together,eventually,enjoy your new fur baby.

Another great photo Alpha! Bigfoot is on his way to stardom because he's very photogenic. He and Loki will be fine...it's always a period of adjustment
    “Save a life and save a stray”

They will be fine, there is just the first getting used to each other. When I got the siamese my first bengal growled and hissed at her then they were inseperable. When I lost him the siamese was lost, she even tried to get outside to go looking for him. And this cat never went near the door. Then I got Orri, same thing, she growled and hissed but in a couple of days he cuddled up to her and she kind of mothered him, now these two are inseparable, give it a little while and they will be best buds
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks guys, I don't worry that they'll get along, they're both pretty mellow and well-adjusted. Glad we're retired, have plenty of time to devote to both of them.

I completely understand your not getting another dog until you're absolutely ready. I think when you are, either you should pick out the dog alone, or you should do it together. I'd hate to see your husband just bring one home that you haven't seen yet or connected with.

Loki and Bigfoot were really close in the yard earlier, both were being so good, the pup just laid down and wagged his tail when he was unsure. I was baby talking the pup on my lap on the kitchen floor, and Loki came over right next to us. As soon as I let the dog on the floor, Loki hissed a warning, and the pup jumped back a bit. I assured Loki that he was just like Hans, and I swear when I said Hans' name, Loki looked me in the eye very knowingly. I think they'll be good buddies in time.

Yeah my husband wants 2 not just one. Cause they keep each other company. Awe, Loki knows Hans name for sure, Levis would always look for Smokey everywhere. He always waited for Smokey to go out side, and he would go wake him up if he was sleeping to go out with him. Then when Smokey was gone he was still in the same habit for a long time, then he started waiting on me to out with him. When he mentions going to the adoption events my heart just sinks way down. May be I am just crazy, but I feel like I just can't , Levi goes goes round and round in my mind. And thank God Alpha something always happens that we can't make the event.
    Ha Loki is just tell Bigfoot , ok I know your new pup, so back off for now. The puppy probably thinks it is amusing.
    This is another really really cute picture. I can almost feel that fluffy coat! lol He is too cute. Makes me want one , but I just can't.

you just haven't seen the right one Vicky, when the time is right one will come along and you'll know its time and this is the one. Can't rush it, it will happen in its own time. Levi will guide a little one to you. But I have to agree with you about getting two pups together, bad idea, they will bond to each other and not so much you. And its hard to keep track of two when one goes one way and the other goes another.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I agree with Linda, you'll know when the time is right for you, Levi would want you to open your heart to another pet. My new pup has so many of the same ways as Hans had, almost like he's living through him. Two pups together are definitely a bad way to go in my opinion too, hubby needs to mellow out and think about what's best for you guys for the long run.

Thanks Esme! We took him in to the vet yesterday and he said it's a good thing he has big feet, he'll need them to fit in Hans' shoes, as Hans was such a good boy. You know the tears started to fill my eyes, it was in the same room where we put Hans to sleep that day.

Well that would have been rough Alpha! I told my my after Smokey was put to sleep , I don't want that room again ever for anything. They complied allup until we had to take Nyla Jane in.

He's supposed to be no more than 38 lbs. as an adult, they range 25 to 38. He's an Australian Labradoodle, medium sized dog. I definitely didn't want a dog that was too big, that I couldn't lift or carry if needed. Hans was a big Standard Schnauzer, high 60s in weight, hard towards the end to help him into the jeep for our walks in the park...probably should have bought for him (and for me) that ramp a few years earlier. Never used it, but it's there if I need it in the future.
    he is just a sweet looking pup, but you will have a lot of grooming ahead of you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.