Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Our New Puppy

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    you just haven't seen the right one Vicky, when the time is right one will come along and you'll know its time and this is the one. Can't rush it, it will happen in its own time. Levi will guide a little one to you. But I have to agree with you about getting two pups together, bad idea, they will bond to each other and not so much you. And its hard to keep track of two when one goes one way and the other goes another.
    Thanks Linda. I know what you say is true. But I can tell ya one thing IF he does ever bring 2 home he better be prepared to get his happy a-- on the ball and start pitching in IF it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    I agree with Linda, you'll know when the time is right for you, Levi would want you to open your heart to another pet. My new pup has so many of the same ways as Hans had, almost like he's living through him. Two pups together are definitely a bad way to go in my opinion too, hubby needs to mellow out and think about what's best for you guys for the long run.
    It is something you said this about Bigfoot and Hans. When my sister lost her dog , there was a new family that moved in next to her and they had the littlest cutest pup, she is a She -poo and they totally abused this tiny little puppy so much so my sister said she will take her. And every time this pup saw those those people she would put her head down and cringe. But she is my sisters dog now and she has her all healthy again and she also does the same things Spanky used to do. It is like Spanky is living through her like you say about Hans. It is awesome. Her new is Panda and she is so little she looks like a stuffed animal. So cute!!!! And so extremely happy. And she is full grown!
    I keep telling my hubby, he better think hard about this 2 dog stuff,,,,, even one for right now..... bit he keeps bringing my parrot up.....and I keep telling him this parrot was around a whole lot longer before he was even in the picture. I have had him over 30 years. probably 35- 36 years. They despise each other lol lol. I said unless he is gonna do the walking and training 2 dogs he just better think it over. Cause I don't like the idea of being the only one taking care of them again.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemylittleboy View Post
    he is just a sweet looking pup, but you will have a lot of grooming ahead of you.
    I know, we're used to it having Schnauzers for so many years, have to do major grooming several times a year and touch ups throughout the year around the face, eyes, rear, etc. We have a grooming table, clippers and everything we need...hubby does a lot of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemylittleboy View Post
    It is something you said this about Bigfoot and Hans. When my sister lost her dog , there was a new family that moved in next to her and they had the littlest cutest pup, she is a She -poo and they totally abused this tiny little puppy so much so my sister said she will take her. And every time this pup saw those those people she would put her head down and cringe. But she is my sisters dog now and she has her all healthy again and she also does the same things Spanky used to do. It is like Spanky is living through her like you say about Hans. It is awesome. Her new is Panda and she is so little she looks like a stuffed animal. So cute!!!! And so extremely happy. And she is full grown!
    I keep telling my hubby, he better think hard about this 2 dog stuff,,,,, even one for right now..... bit he keeps bringing my parrot up.....and I keep telling him this parrot was around a whole lot longer before he was even in the picture. I have had him over 30 years. probably 35- 36 years. They despise each other lol lol. I said unless he is gonna do the walking and training 2 dogs he just better think it over. Cause I don't like the idea of being the only one taking care of them again.
    Bless your sister for helping that little dog, that's so nice. You will be the only one taking care of them again it sounds like, you better insist on one only, and with your approval when YOU are ready.

It's weird, my husband saw this commerical on TV recently, since we got the puppy, and he looks almost like him. http://www.ispot.tv/ad/AkUz/2015-kia...happy-birthday

Loki and the pup are slowly getting to know each other. Yesterday I pointed out to my husband that they were lying near to each other in the kitchen. He said we'd really know when Loki was comfortable if he lies on his back, this morning it happened.

DSCN0841.jpg

LOVE LOVE that photo Alpha That is fabulous!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

P.S. I checked out that commercial and wow that really looks like Bigfoot.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Loki was used to living with a dog so I had no doubt it wouldn't be much of a transition for him. Good they are getting along. But I got to tell you all that hair on bigfoot, have fun keeping him brushed and not matted. I should talk right? nothing sheds more than a shepherd!
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I know Linda, after Schanuzers for decades, I wanted a low maintenance dog....duh! But he's so cute! We already had the clipper out and trimmed his feet and ears and under his eyes. Lots of grooming, we have the table and supplies, thankfully hubby is involved too. Thanks Esme, I was surprised when my hubby saw that ad on tv.

Oh That is great Alpha! Loki was sure to give in..... he needs another buddy......awe....I am happy for you guys. Bigfoot looks like he has grown alot already!

Thanks Vicky, he's growing, a 12 pounder now, just went to the vets yesterday for another puppy shot.

he is so cute, that face, you could just squeeze him
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda, I do more than my fair share of squeezing him.

Getting use to grooming table, which he'll need a lot of. We trimmed him a little after this photo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.