Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Our New Puppy

Alpha he looks like he is really having fun. Oh man I hope we don't get all that snow any time soon. But so far it looks good , our forcast is still gonna be in the 50's .. !! My brother is leaving the 2nd for his Florida winter home. Lucky duck lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha1 View Post
    We got around 4 inches I think last week, since then it's been a dusting of one to two inches or so. The snow stays in our backyard, doesn't get sun like the front of the house. Today it was mid 20s and light snow all day.
    We had 7 fts snow banks in our yard last winter , my city ran out places to put the snow and had to dump it into the ocean.

I don't like the heat Vicky, I'd never want to live in Florida, Arizona or even Texas. Nightowl, 7 ft. snowbanks in your yard is higher than my 6' fence! Guess dumping the snow into the ocean isn't too bad, sounds like the perfect place to me.

We had so much snow last year when I took Phoenix for her run and she jumped in the snowbanks all I could see was ears!
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I keep saying how much I hate the snow but it's the actual cleanup attached to it. Hubby has a bad back and will still shovel but I need to help out and I HATE it! I love to watch the pure white snow and would enjoy it more if I could just sit inside with a cup of cocoa and just watch it come down.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

By the way Linda...hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving feast today

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I keep saying how much I hate the snow but it's the actual cleanup attached to it. Hubby has a bad back and will still shovel but I need to help out and I HATE it! I love to watch the pure white snow and would enjoy it more if I could just sit inside with a cup of cocoa and just watch it come down.
    Esme, when I took Bigfoot out this morning at 4am, although it was still dark out, it was light enough maybe from a combination of the left over full moon and the lighting from my back porch. The snow on the ground was freshly fallen, very light and fluffy and sparkling like it was sprayed with silver glitter. Walking out there right after I woke up was magical, I loooved it! Of course it was around 14 degrees, didn't like that so much but was dress warmly as I always do when I take him out.

We still both shovel, take turns or help each other if it's a big storm that dropped a lot. We also do a couple of the neighbor's sidewalks to help them out, they'll do the same for us, especially in blizzard conditions when they get out their snow blowers and will even do our driveway. I love to watch it from the warmth and comfort of my home, like I did yesterday, but I still love to be out in it except when the winds are howling and the elements are stinging my face.

Linda, that's a deep snow drift to only see Phoenix's ears! We've had drifts that were pretty high too over the years by me, now that's the kind of snow that kills your back to shovel.

I like to see it fresh white and clean ..... but I am with Esme! Lol I don't like winter and I really dread driving in it.
    My you guys should get a snow blower!! It is a whole lot easier on backs!

I don't like driving in it either Vicky, especially in certain areas where there's ice underneath it, or on mountain passes. It's good exercise to shovel snow as long as you know your limits. Don't want to get a snowblower, watching the neighbors use their doesn't look that easy on their backs (or knees).

I shovel when it is light snow because of exercise but when it gets deep the blower come out. It isn't hard on knees or anything else. It just sucks when the wind blows it all back in your face . lol They are pretty easy Alpha really. Especially with the ones they have today, they move really easily along. But I know lots of people who still shovel.

Oh I forgot about the driving part...that is the pits!! I have front wheel drive and try to be extra careful but it still scares me to drive in the snow.

my car is front wheel drive and have a 4 wheel drive truck, but anything will slide on ice. I don't mind snow because there is some traction if you keep to the right of the road but I don't like ice. But its the other guy you have to watch out for, two years ago Alex was coming home from work and it was snowing hard, a guy lost control of his truck on a curve and slid into him totaling his car. Luckily he didn't get hurt but he had just put a new motor in the car and it was all paid for. Plus the guy that hit him had no insurance. In this state insurance is not mandatory but you have ten days to make restitution or you loose your license until its paid. This guy was about 30, old enough to know he should have had at least liability. He started running his mouth about the car wasn't worth what I wanted and he'd see me in court. I said fine, we'll go to court and you will loose, he said it will take a while to get to court, I said I can wait, can you, because Monday will be ten days and if I don't sign off which I won't you will loose your license, so do you still want to wait? This was like 1:30 in the afternoon and he only had 1500 on him and asked if I'd accept that until he could go to the bank to get the rest, I said no way, make it quick before the bank closes or I'm not signing off. Funny how he came up with the money. Told me he was saving money for his wedding, I told him guess you'll have to have a smaller wedding. Even Alex who was 18 at the time knew enough to carry insurance and this guy in his 30's didn't have any. What would he have done if Alex had been hurt or killed? Might want to think about that before you go out in a storm with no insurance. He didn't know what to say, he went and got the money, I signed off and have never seen or heard from him again. The car was registered in my name because Alex wasn't 18 when he got the car. The guy thought he was going to be a wise guy and not pay, better rethink his position, he'd pay or walk, he paid
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Just seen this thread:

You've got a new dog! Good for you.

He's a handsome fellow. And he is clearly enjoying life!

No snow here. Very mild. Nearly December and not needed a sweater thus far ..

We have a snowblower also and my sister has a plow so when it get really deep my brother in law comes over and plows me out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.