Smart Facts About Dobermans

Lightbulb Smart Facts About Dobermans

A looong time ago, when I first met my husband, he had a female Doberman. That dog was so sweet, affectionate and smart. She also did her job as a watchdog. Here are some facts about the breed. More here.

Dobermans are extremely athletic and intelligent dogs, so no task is out of their league. (And that includes the job of lap dog, even if you’re less enthused about it.) Dobies have been used for a variety of jobs and sports including police work, scent tracking, coursing, diving, search and rescue, therapy, and guiding the blind.

My Dobie I had more than 20 years ago was the best Dobi ever. She was my protector and took very good care of my kids. She was so obedient ..I always got compliments on her. Always asked where she was trained....they were dumb founded when I said it was a her nature. I only had to walk her around the perimeter of my home ,even when we would move, only once and that dog never stepped on toe over the line/ She protected us from my stinking ex. She would hide and watch every step a person made if they came too close to the house. And never made a sound when it was time for her to show herself to strangers! She especially guarded my son . He was a sick little boy and she knew it. She actually saved his life!!!!! If it wasn't for Dobi my son would not be alive today. I totally miss her too. Never seen another like her. They are the most faithful dogs always always looking out for their master Dobies are great dogs. Just great dogs

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.