3 month old Phoenix in her baby pool

3 month old Phoenix in her baby pool

I found this clip of Phoenix playing in her baby pool when she was about three months old. Now she's all grown up but still loves to play in the water

he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Loved that Linda, your little one is having a ball! Too cute!

Super cute video of Phoenix and great idea with the kiddie pool to cool her off. Makes me laugh how she's trying to attack the water! Thanks for sharing
    “Save a life and save a stray”

she was so cute as a puppy, her coloring didn't really start to change until she was around 8 months old. You'd never know to look at her now that its the same dog
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I just thought her coloring was different because she was wet but Phoenix is really beautiful no matter what her shading.

all shepherds are born black, their colors come in at around 6-12 months old.

I didn't realize that so I guess it's a surprise when their colors develop. She is such a beauty

if you check out the parents and grandparents you get an idea of what they will look like. I was hoping for more of the black and red like her father but she is the image of her mom, but thats ok, we love her no matter who she takes after

I know...she's your girl no matter what. I wish everyone had our feelings about our furry companions.

I know and a lot of people create their own problems. The animal trains them, not the other way around and when they have had enough of the bad behavior they are either dumped, given to someone that doesn't know any more than they do and winds up at the shelter, no one wants a problem dog and most times the animal is put to sleep. There is no excuse for it, no such things as a bad dog, just an owner that doesn't know how to train and deal with them. Shelters with their limited resources are not going to invest money and time in an animal that has little chance of being adopted.

It's nice she kept her dark face, I think they look best that way.

Very true Linda...animals are so smart and eager to please. I just don't understand people and it's probably just pure laziness. When I check out the local craigslist and newspaper's pet section I am shocked that some people will give up their pet for a song. Every excuse under the sun is given and it's so sad because the pet is the only one that suffers.

the excuse that really frosts me is "we've having a baby, the cat has to go". The cat hasn't even done anything yet and already they get rid of it. People are basically rotten, any excuse or no excuse they just get rid of them then a short while later they get another. Like kittens, kittens are cute they then grow up to be cats and not cute anymore so out they go to be replaced with another kitten that will have the same fate.
    Last edited by linda2147; 11-04-2015 at 09:00 PM.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.