Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bigfoot Bringin' in the Snowballs

Talking Bigfoot Bringin' in the Snowballs

In our kitchen after playing out in the snow...those snowballs are impossible to remove until they melt off by themselves.

he is so cute, snowballs and all. Phoenix sometimes gets them inbetween her toes but her hair is really to short for them to stick on her body.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Thanks Linda, when walking our Schnauzers in winter snow, I'd sometimes cup their paw with my hand to melt the iceballs when I noticed a slight limp. They got snowballs on their furnishings too.

Tom, my son in law, cuts up hot water bottles, makes the dogs boots. keeps them in place with velcro. works well,
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I didn't realize that snow would just stick like that...poor things. Have you ever tried doggie booties? I found this link on the animal rescue site:
    https://d39rqydp4iuyht.cloudfront.ne...mage/49445.gif

P.S. Linda has a great idea too.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

I would buy boots if needed, but so far none of my dogs really had a problem with walking in the snow. They are out in the weather for a very limited time, either a walk in the park with me, or a romp in the back yard.

It doesn't take long for the snow to ball up like that, but it's not too big of a problem, just the mess it leaves. If I had a dog that seemed to be bothered in the snow, or a breed like a mini poodle that may be sensitive, I'd definitely buy booties for them. I'll get Bigfoot some if he ever seems to need them. Honestly, in winter at the dog park, we always see stray booties that have fallen off dogs lying around here and there, they seem to fall of energetic dogs.

I understand Alpha....not having a dog for so long has made me forget what it's like. Finding stray doggie booties are the park must be a never ending sight during the winter months. Still Bigfoot doesn't seem annoyed in the least about his snow accumulation problem. Very cute photos
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Lol lol lol He and Hans have them in the same places ,,,,,oops is it Hans or a different one? At either rate it is funny they got them n the same place It is cute. OOOO I don't want to think about the snow yet.

It's our female Sigilwig (Sigi) the one who passed from complications from epilepsy, hip dysplasia and other health issues, she was from the same parents as Hans and he treated her like his little sister, they were 1 1/2 years apart in age.

Ah. I bet he missed her alot then when she passed.

Yes Vicky, he noticeably mourned her passing with us, it was sad to watch him go to her spots, look for her and mope around like he was waiting for her return. We were all heartbroken, she wasn't even 8 years old.

Here they are, Hans on right.

Hans above.

Lovely examples of the breed. Nice looking dogs for sure. When I lost my first bengal nanny was terrible, she looked for him and even tried to follow me outside to find him. But now she has Orri and I think she's forgotten the other one.

Thank you Linda. I'm glad Orri was able to help you and the kitty with the pain of your loss...hugs.

These are great Pictures Alpha. They do mourn like we do.... sometimes more. Levi really mourned Smokey bad. He kept looking for him too. And he buried his favorite Chew toy by the wishing well for him. He didn't even want to go outside , becaue he and Smokey would always go out together, Levi would go get Smokey and wake him up to go out.
    Ugh I need to stop.
    Have a great Thanksgiving

Very touching about Levi mourning Smokey....hugs. Now that Levi's gone too, I know just writing those things brings some sadness, it does me. You have a nice Thanksgiving too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.