Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what are some of the coolest and fun toys for dogs?

what are some of the coolest and fun toys for dogs?

im looking for any advice on cool pet dog products and toys for keeping dogs and there owners entertained?

I used to buy toys for my dog but she destroys them as fast as I give them to her, including the supposedly unbreakable tough toys. Now she just has rope toys, The heavy duty rope toys with a kong on the end and the regular rope toy that we play "fierce" with.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

I bought my Levi a puzzle toy . You hide treats under the blocks and see how long it takes to find the terat and how to get it out. Levi was too smart for it lol he knew how to move them blocks!!! But still it is fun for them and Levi loved it. But they do love tug ropes too. You can get the treat kongs and stuff but I would suggest putting you own healthy treats inside them.

If your dog likes to chew, I've got some suggestions for you here : rope knot toys, rubber chewy toys, squeaky plush toys
    They are so cheap so you can buy a lot and hopefully have them for a longer period (depend how quick you dog will chew it )
    cheers

It really depends on the size of the dog, in general my small and large dog love chewy gummy bone toys, they love rope toys, squeaky toys that look like real animals, and those dog tire toys.

A lot of dogs like noisy toys, a empty water bottle in a sock makes a noisy toy. If you want to play with your dog frisbees, ball throwers, and tug toys are good.

Heck I have bought every type of toy out there for Jax and Josie and 5 minutes after they hit the ground they are destroyed. Ropes as well. So I started makes rope toys out of old clothing with a ton of knots , because buying them makes no sense. They even chewed up Kong toys. I am very disgusted with it all. I have puzzle toys that is too boring for them. BUT I found those TEASE BALLS, and it is the only thing that has not been destroyed It truly keeps their attention . Jax will play with it for hours. although after a couple months he managed to learn how to get the ball out of it , which don't surprise me at all. But we got another hard ball to put in it (which was difficult as heck lol) , but now he is back to playing with it again. Josie will play with hers a while , not long , cause she get bored with sense she can't get to little ball inside. lol. Jax is fun to watch .... he as has learned to stick his leg inside the hole and hold the little ball up against the hole and slowly grab at it with his front teeth till he gets a little piece of the ball to give way with a very small piece of plastic from it to keep on grabbing till he succeeds. That is most successful I have ever gotten them. And should they ever wear out I get get more! Was worth the 13 bucks apiece !!!!!!!!!!!! I highly recommend them!!!!
    I am still trying to teach them how to tug properly,,,,, they just want to chew them apart, even when I keep trying to give them the ends and I pull the other. Josie loves that , but then Jax rushes in and ruins it lol lol

Lovemylittleboy...how is Josie doing??
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Hi Esme ...I put her on Previcox and it helps her a lot. I have to get more tomorrow. Now she has a bit of an eye issue , but I am rinsing it with salt water . (a teaspoon in a glass of water), I warm it of course, it seems to be helping too. I did some exploring on the internet and that was a solution they recommended most. It isn't an allergy, I give her Benadryl and it hasn't changed it, it is a very mild kind of conjunctivitis. I am sure it isn't bacterial . But if it would worsen I obviously will get the vet to check it. But Previcox is wonderful helping her.

That's good to hear and hopefully her eye will be okay as well. It's always something though...one issue gets resolved and then another crops up. Keeps us busy for sure!
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Yes you are right ..... always something. But what can ya do but love them and take care of them.

Vicky you could wash the eye with warm milk. The lactose in the milk will draw out the infection
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Hi Linda , I thought of that but went with the salt water solution. I know we use to do that in the good old days. Always worked too. Maybe I will try that tomorrow

My dogs love rope toys, especially the really thick ones. They love to play tug-o-war and they last a really long time.

My dog think a stick he found in the park is the coolest and fun toy to play with ! He will walk around with it in his mouth looking very proud . So I don't bother to buy him any new toys LOL! He play with my last dog toys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.