Beautiful Girl Needs New Home/Young female dog for free

Beautiful Girl Needs New Home/Young female dog for free

Hello,
    my name is Ron Smith and I am new to the forum for one purpose: I have to find a new home for the unexpected newest addition to my family: Lydia!

My wife and I received Lydia due to our son had to move his family into a temporary rental until they could find a new house. After Lydia was dropped-off they also realized that the allergies attacking my granddaughter were definitely related to a dog. She cleared-up and has been fine since. So now we are left with two dogs!

Two dogs with completely differed characteristics is too much for us. We need to find a local, loving home for Lydia. She is a sweet and loving Pit mix (Don't get scared she is a pushover at a whole 38 pounds) She has all her vaccinations, spayed etc. and is in perfect health. She loves attention and people, especially children.

She just needs a loving family with either a fenced yard or a larger property. She is house broken and even kennel trained.

For some reason I cannot upload photo's at this time, if anyone local is interested, please advise and I will send you pictures via email: Rockerga@gmail.com

Pictures of Lydia

The "reply" let me add attachments, here are a few pictures, I have a lot more....
    Attached Images Attached Images

you don't say where you are. Is she ok with other dogs and cats? I see pit but also german shepherd.
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

East metro Atlanta

Quote Originally Posted by linda2147 View Post
    you don't say where you are. Is she ok with other dogs and cats? I see pit but also german shepherd.
    Sorry, we are in metro Atlanta. But yes Lydia is currently living with another female approximately the same size and they are playmates.

she's a pretty girl but I'm in NH, to far for me. Please don't advertise her as free to good home. Twisted people look for these ads and promise a good home then use them as bait dogs and worse. Do a background check and get references, but even that is no guarantee as whats to stop whoever gets her from handing her over to someone else.

Your best bet would be to take her to a rescue. But really I don't see why you can't keep her. Two dogs is not much different than one, especially if they get along
    he is your friend and protector, he will love you unconditionally, you owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

Oh how sad, she looks so at home here too. Can't you try to keep her? Being passed around is very hard for animals.

Sorry, may we ask, what difficulties are you experiencing? So many solutions in the world. Try not to pull the red cord. There's a life, a spirit, a beautiful girl in the balance.

Please breathe, and tell us what's happening. We've all been through rough times, and we may be able to help. We're listening.

has she found a home? Please never say free , nasty bad people look for these to do bad things. Always put a price on the pet. If they call you you can tell them your wants and desires for her to have a good home. And check them out. GOOD.

I posted this on the local craigslist:
    Pet-Abuse.com offers up some wonderful tips:
    • Don't advertise "Free pet"
    • Spay/neuter the animal to avoid attracting backyard breeders or puppy mill operators
    • Charge at least $25 to discourage resale of pets to labs and others
    • Ask each prospective owner for his/her veterinarian's name as a reference and check it.
    • Ask for identification in the form of a photo I.D. Write down the information, or scan/photocopy it if possible
    • Ask for a phone number and explain that you'd like to check on how the animal's doing. An honest person will gladly share the information with you.
    • Have the person sign an "adoption" contract concerning your pet stating that they will not go to research. Having this in writing gives you legal recourse.
    • Ask to visit the place where your pet will live before your release the pet to the new owner.
    If a dog owner truly cares about the life and well-being of the dog being re-homed, taking the steps above to ensure he goes to a good home are worth the time and effort.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

P.S. I hope you kept Lydia...she's beautiful. Hopefully she stayed with you as I'm sure she misses your son and his family.
    “Save a life and save a stray”

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    I posted this on the local craigslist:
    Pet-Abuse.com offers up some wonderful tips:
    • Don't advertise "Free pet"
    • Spay/neuter the animal to avoid attracting backyard breeders or puppy mill operators
    • Charge at least $25 to discourage resale of pets to labs and others
    • Ask each prospective owner for his/her veterinarian's name as a reference and check it.
    • Ask for identification in the form of a photo I.D. Write down the information, or scan/photocopy it if possible
    • Ask for a phone number and explain that you'd like to check on how the animal's doing. An honest person will gladly share the information with you.
    • Have the person sign an "adoption" contract concerning your pet stating that they will not go to research. Having this in writing gives you legal recourse.
    • Ask to visit the place where your pet will live before your release the pet to the new owner.
    If a dog owner truly cares about the life and well-being of the dog being re-homed, taking the steps above to ensure he goes to a good home are worth the time and effort.
    Very Good Esme!!!

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.